The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Our new arrivals :: I'm starting to feel mental! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
rob101
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of rob101
Hello Guy's

I am fairly new to forum thing but I would like a little help with a few things.
First maybe you'd like to hear a little about me? (if not, skip to the next chapter!) I've been performing magic for all but about 5 of my 35years and found out I could make money out of it in 1995 while backpacking around the U.S. My travling money ran out and I was forced to do one of the only things you can do on the street to make money and not be arrested! So I put a deck in my pocket and headed to the beach. 5 hours later, I was losing my voice, had 127 dollers in change, and the promise of a table hopping gig in a restarant. happy days!
But that was a long time ago and although I worked full time performing in the past magic has just been jumping around in the back of my head for years now, my only performences being friends partys and (lord forbid) the pub!

So here I find myself banging on the doors of the internet magic world and this is the reason; I had recently been reading about cold reading and some days ago I performed a very simple cold reading for a friends friend in a local bar and followed this with a card prediction and let me tell you, I have NEVER had such a reaction from this card effect. The whole group was bouncing of the walls. I followed this, later in the night, to a different group, with the same cold reading and a different card trick to the same reaction!!
For me, a comedy card/coin man, this was a revalation! (although obvious to some, I'm sure) I have always loved, and used, psycology in magic but I have never put mentalisum into the mix. I have a srong dislike for billets and ESP cards and props like that but love the idea of 'mind play'.
So, my question is this; does anyone know an mind effect/book/DVD that I can use in a noisey enviroment to take my magic to another level???
Any input is greatly appreciated.

Rob
MagiCanada
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver
140 Posts

Profile of MagiCanada
Welcome to the Café Rob.
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Welcome Rob - you might want tread Corinda`s 13 Steps.

Andy
Cards never lie
Jeff_Mash
View Profile
Veteran user
Bay Area, California
328 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Mash
Welcome to the Café!
Your friend in magic,

Jeff Mash, CEO
MJM Magic - "Magic for Magicians, Jokesters, and Mentalists!"
http://www.MJMMagic.com
Maro Anglero
View Profile
Loyal user
FLORIDA
248 Posts

Profile of Maro Anglero
Welcome to the Magic Café! Smile
For the Magician: The hard must become habit, The habit must become easy, The easy must become Beautiful

Doug Henning
mark1991
View Profile
Veteran user
Boston, Lincolnshire, England
311 Posts

Profile of mark1991
Hi there,

Welcome to the Magic Café! If you want to learn some cool colour changes, get the Showoff with Cards DVD or the Jeff McBride Art of Card Manipulation set of DVDs.

The Showoff DVD isn't great, but it shows you the stuff and how to do it which is the important bit.

The Jeff McBride DVDs are very good, but not as cheap - its your choice!

Hope to see you around!

Many thanks

Magical Mark Watson
(mark1991)
http://magicnewstelevision.com/mn/magicalmark

Magical Mark Watson - Christian magician, juggler, puppeteer, all-round entertainer and lover of Christ!
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2206 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Lexapro and Xanax can ease the mental feeling, sometimes this feeling is confused with Anxiety attacks.
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com