The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: New to magic? :: Coin funnel vs squeeze (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
OmarBelfaqih
View Profile
New user
Hungary
6 Posts

Profile of OmarBelfaqih
What is the difference between coin funnel and coin squeeze?
funsway
View Profile
Eternal Order
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
10001 Posts

Profile of funsway
The Funnel is for small coins and looks like a prop. A Squeeze can handle larger coins - I prefer US gold coins.

The rings can be used for other effects as well. Either one can be great because of the sound of the coin passing through.

The requires some palming ability and audience engagement experience for maximum magical impact.

A good story helps too - not just a skill demonstration.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
OmarBelfaqih
View Profile
New user
Hungary
6 Posts

Profile of OmarBelfaqih
Quote:
On Nov 24, 2023, funsway wrote:
The Funnel is for small coins and looks like a prop. A Squeeze can handle larger coins - I prefer US gold coins.

The rings can be used for other effects as well. Either one can be great because of the sound of the coin passing through.

The requires some palming ability and audience engagement experience for maximum magical impact.

A good story helps too - not just a skill demonstration.

Does Okito box size matter (e.g. Dollar Okito used with Euro coins)?
funsway
View Profile
Eternal Order
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
10001 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On Nov 24, 2023, OmarBelfaqih wrote:

Does Okito box size matter (e.g. Dollar Okito used with Euro coins)?

I have never used larger than gold dollar size where US quarters and some Euros work also.
So, slightly smaller may be Ok, but thickness may not be. Weight also - you cannot use plastic replicas.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, California
890 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Regarding coin squeeze. If I may broach the name "Magi* Mak***" they have a special for a free "Coin Squeeze" included on a $50 order.

My question is for those who said effect from said company. In their version, does the stack of coins appear to shrink as each coin passes ?

Just curious! TIA
Phil