The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: New to magic? :: Does magic make you tired? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
-Z-
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of -Z-
I don't know about you, but it makes me tired.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3102 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Magic gets me excited. Almost addicting in a way. Always wanting more.
The creativity, learning body language, intransit actions, audience management,
direction of attention skills, practicing etc. Yes, if you think about it all, I guess some
would get tired,but for me that's a good thing.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
funsway
View Profile
Eternal Order
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
10001 Posts

Profile of funsway
If you mean being involved with exploring ways to making the unknown exciting instead of fearful - it should be invigorating.

If you mean watching endless skill demonstrations on YouTube then your brain should be weary.

I you refer to "performing live" with a passion and empathic connection with the audience, then you can easily loose a couple of pounds during a long performance
and collapse gratefully that night. This has nothing to do with magic. "Carrying the audience in the palm of your hand" can be hard work.

At my age, lugging cases and tables can make me tired, but so does being a roady for my wife on a music gig.

So, I am not sure "tired" is appropriate to "magic," but perhaps to the labor connected to performing anything live.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
jared23m
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of jared23m
It's completely normal to feel exhausted about anything that one is passionate about. Passion comes in waves for some people.

If you are a hobbyist, and can afford to take breaks, I recommend it. Once you come back, you will be reinvigorated and have even more ideas than before.
-Z-
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of -Z-
It's good to know I'm not the only one. Researching and practicing can take it's toll. Thanks for sharing.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3102 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Quote:
On Nov 14, 2023, -Z- wrote:
It's good to know I'm not the only one. Researching and practicing can take it's toll. Thanks for sharing.

Yes, BUT the reward from your audience/spectators recharges the battery. The researching and practicing are
a welcomed labor of love for the art of magic. IMO
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
TeddyBoy
View Profile
Special user
New York, NY
596 Posts

Profile of TeddyBoy
It makes me tired just thinking of it.
So many sleights...so little time.
"Slow...deliberate...natural." Bill Tarr

Cheers,
Teddy