The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: New to magic? :: Tool for beginners to help them learn (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Hey all...

With all the new people to magic posting here, I wanted to let everyone know about a great new tool to help not only seasoned magicians, but beginners as well.

MagicVault just placed a banner ad on magic Café mentioning software to track and manage your effects. It also helps maintain your practice list and notes for effects as well.

We priced this very low for the purpose of getting it in the hands of as many magicians as possible.

If you are starting out, and finding it hard to keep track of everything or you just want to get better organized, check out http://www.magicvault.net or click our banner ad on the Café main page.

The other tools/advice I would suggest for beginners is to invest in books. Mainly the classics such as the Tarbell series, Corindas 13 steps, Mark Wilsons Book, etc... Books are much better starting out than gimmicks. You can never go wrong with a book!

Next I would suggest a few classic props/effects such as Scotch and Soda, Stripper Deck, PeaCan, etc..

Lastly, pick up a few quality DVDs. Sometimes visual learning is better than reading. Simon Lovell puts out nice DVDs for beginners. Also check out Jay Sankeys work.
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
escherwolf
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of escherwolf
I was quite keen to get ahold of this software, but was stymied by the registration process. They make you select a country off a preselected list, and for some reason, Australia is not listed. Huh??? Unless they choose to recognise customers from Autralia, I guess I can't get ahold of it no matter how good it may be...
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Escherwolf,

our cart system seems to have a corrupted countries list - we expect to have it rebuit in a day or two. Please check back - we will have it back to normal soon.
Mark Reed
escherwolf
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of escherwolf
Thanks for a quick response. I will be checking back - I really do like the sound of the software.
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Should be working now... they key countries we deal with are added back, and we can add additional ones on the fly.
Mark Reed
edlandau
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of edlandau
Wow. Looks like great sw. Might I suggest a "history" (where did I perform this and what was the reaction). If this is a database, you could also have a list of tricks performed at a particular date for future retrieval.
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Hm, reminds me on my previous attempts of mine. I gave up when I realized that I spend too much time working on the data base - time that would be better spend performing and practicing
Cards never lie