The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: I want to see the manager! :: Possible New Section: DIY/Modification/Repair/Improvements (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Just an idle thought.

I thought it might be very interesting for a section on the Café to deal with specific effects with regard to Do It Yourself issues:

- DIY modifications that make an effect better or more efficient

- DIY repair and maintenance ideas for specific effects or props

There was a recent topic started that assisted many in getting their Spider Pen Pros up to speed. I thought about having a section for just this type of subject(s) at the Café.

Of course, such ideas can be included in other topics, however, I see a potential value in having a section, with one topic per effect, that will make locating DIY repairs/modifications for specific effects easier to find, and the information will not appear sporadically within a larger topic.

Plus, it may spur more thinking and more information on DIY work for modification/repair of effects.

I know that Café has lots of topics already, but I thought I would throw this up for grabs.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4863 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Take a look at "the workshop" it for just what you are describing.
Where the magic begins
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Thank you, Dave.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".