The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: I want to see the manager! :: Strange, all my last posts are deleted or moved to nowhere :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Thomas Burkhart
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Thomas Burkhart
Hi,

I already tried to reach the manager by email, but didn't get any response. I posted some articles with links to my blog about topics I think they would be interesting to the members of the theMagicCafe and I even got feedback from users that where really happy that I did this.
But allways after some hours my posts are deleted or even more strange marked as moved, but when you click on the follow-Link you get an errormessage that you don't have access.

My Blog http://www.escamoteur.de is completely uncommercial, it does not compete in any way with the Café.

I've read the posting rules and didn't find anything what I made wrong.

As I think that the information on my blog is really unique on the web and it will really help other magicians, I'm really sad about this!
Best
Tom
Check out my new blog: http://www.escamoteur.de
You find there reviews, tipps and my thoughts about magic.
Thomas Burkhart
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

I've seen this on other forums and it was the beginning of the end of the discussion board. Netiquette is one thing but arbitrary censorship is something else.

When users realize that this is common on a board they will leave eralier or later.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Thomas,
I didn't see your messages, or know where you placed the link, but the Café staff prefers that you place personal links in your sig line and not in the body of the message.

That way, if the link ever changes all you need to do is change your sig line and all your messages, past and present, get updated. It saves the staff a lot of work not having to chase down and correct (or delete) bad links.

I believe this is also mentioned in the FAQ's
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Thomas Burkhart
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Dave: It weren't just general links to my page, but to specific articles on my blog that woul be interesing to others here. I posted them in the appropriate board here.

So I think this shouldn't be the reason.
Tom
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
I did a little checking, and it looks as though several of your topics have been moved to the Secret Sessions forum. Not being a magician, I can only guess that those topics linked to articles in your blog that disclose/discuss some magic secret or other. That is the only reason I can think of that your topics here would have been moved to that particular forum. You don't have access to that forum until you have made 50 counted posts here.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4863 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Thomas, Mary to completely correct. We do not allow exposure here on the Café. Your blog exposes methods and operation to paper tears and burning credit cards to name a few. Methods and such can be discussed in the Secret sessions area but you must have 50 posts to gain access to that area. That is why you are receiving the message that you do not have access.

Acutally instead of moving the topic, it should have been deleted completely until you have the required 50 posts. Dave was correct that a link in your signature line is the way to go however, since you blog contains multiple exposures, that is not a viable option either.

I'm not sure when you sent your email to management but remember, we are not here all the time. Everyone is part time including the managers.
Where the magic begins
Thomas Burkhart
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Sorry, but I don't think that what I do is exposure as you might think. I even spoke to the origniator first if this pictures are ok for him.
It discusses only a small detail. And does not really expose the secret.

The burning business card is only a review and not an exposure at all. So why the trouble.

Anyway it would have been nice to send an PM so that I know what's going on. Might be that 50 posts are a way to ensure that only real magicians gain access to inside knowledge. My view on exposure is a different one and I think that the benefit for other magicians is much more importan than the view laymen who make the effort to look for s certain method.

Best
Tom
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3784 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Since you agreed to follow our Rules & Policies when you joined my website it is assumed that you actually read and understood those rules when you agreed to follow them.

It is possible of course that you simply did not understand them. Hopefully you will take a moment to re-read said rules, policies and guidelines so that your stay here will be more enjoyable for you in the future. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks