The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: I want to see the manager! :: Additional Menu Items :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
funsway
View Profile
Eternal Order
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
10001 Posts

Profile of funsway
I am greatly enjoying exploring the Café', making hopefully useful Posts here and there, anxious to be at the Banquet, but in full approval of the new member limitations,

so these suggestions may be premature ...

There are two areas of magic performance interest that seem to be missing:

Classroom Magic -- the use of magic tricks to teach or train using allegory, visual aids, or as part of an "Attention/Retention" cycle; or as a reward for good behavior. every classroom teacher should have some appropriate tricks at their disposal. May be for traditional educators K-12, high school or college -- or for business trainers. It is an excellent sales training tool. Might even include Social Workers and Day Care managers.

Canine Magic -- either training your "more than pet" to perform magic tricks, or to assist in a show. I don't mean "dog tricks" -- but actual magical effects for an audience. My wife's Service Dog can do many and readily takes credit for the miracle when it occurs -- and loves doing them. Additionally, there are many dog toys that make ideal props for 'normal' performances, e.g. baking a cake in a dog dish (mini-cake pan available from dealers. My canine assistant reads the cookbook, flipping pages, and yips out the ingredients.)

When I am better known I would be willing to participate in setting these up or moderating, or just being a ready contributor to start things off. Yes, I may eventually produce Downloads based on the perceived needs of the contributors, but mostly it is just for the 'love of magic'.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
Welcome to the Café,

The two topics that you are requesting are here..just a bit broader than what you defined. First for Classroom Magic, check out Tricky Business. And for Canine Magic we have Polly Wants a Cracker, which is for all types of animals.

I know we'll be looking forward to reading your contributions. Thanks for asking.
Coram Deo
funsway
View Profile
Eternal Order
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
10001 Posts

Profile of funsway
I guess Tricky Business would handle discussions about Classroom & Training,

but "polly" is all about using animals as props in effects --
hardly the same as training animals to actually perform magic tricks,
or physically assist the magician in some way ...

but, I will try a post and see what happens.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4863 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Funsway, welcome to the MagicCafe. We cannot set up forums for every single situation. We have broken down the forums into logical areas. The Polly forum is for anything related to animals. In your example of the dog reading the cookbook, flipping the pages and yipping is still a dog trick whether you call it a magic trick or not.
Where the magic begins