The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: I want to see the manager! :: A room with a view :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Geoff Williams
View Profile
Special user
St. Pete Beach, FL
617 Posts

Profile of Geoff Williams
Hello,

BTW, I love the Magic Cafe. there, I got that out of the way.

I was wondering if there would be any way to make it so the users can "customize" their own visual experience (who've logged in, naturally) so that we don't have to see a listing of every topic in the Cafe.

For example, I am interested in almost every topic in the "Close Up Workers" section but have no desire in most of the "Stage, Platform and Parlour" topics. I think it would be nice to be able to "turn off" (i.e., hide from view) any topics (or entire sections) that don't interest me so that I can focus on the things that do matter to me.

I have no idea if this is even possible, but I could see it as a BIG convenience. If it is possible, it's probably something that would have to be set up in the Preferences section.

Just a thought. As you can see, I'm interested in having my cake AND eating it, too.

Thanks for your time. I'm having fun here.

If I get any other pipe dream ideas, I'll be sure to drop you a line!
"Saját légpárnás tele van angolnák."

(Hungarian for "My hovercraft is full of eels")
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
You can't hide them from view completely, but if you click on the category titles, they will collapse into a compact list. Then click on the category you want to look at, and you'll see the forum listing for just that category. Click on another category, and that one will expand, and all the others will collapse.
Geoff Williams
View Profile
Special user
St. Pete Beach, FL
617 Posts

Profile of Geoff Williams
Thanks, Mary.
"Saját légpárnás tele van angolnák."

(Hungarian for "My hovercraft is full of eels")