The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: ITR with a lock? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
k
View Profile
Loyal user
Marseille
283 Posts

Profile of k
I was wondering how I could lock an ITR?
I use IT (fearson cigarette and stuff) and a stealth retractor (althought it took me quite some time to know how to use it for the thread not to snap...) and these won't retract unless I want it to...

I was thinking of getting a Thread Boss 2004 but this one won't lock I guess.

So, waht are your suggestions?
I'm waiting for the spider pen (can't wait!!!) so should I get a TB 2004 or it will do the same job?

Ludwig
I'm just a blind Con that lost his I...
remember, Magic's everywhere... ("Your are the magic !" - Albert Goshman)

"Voici mon secret. Il est très simple. On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux" St-Exupéry
David Nelson
View Profile
Elite user
San Mateo, CA
404 Posts

Profile of David Nelson
If you took a tube who's inside diameter is a tiny amount larger than the outer diameter of the thread boss and you carefully sanded down the edges of it so it was smooth and had no burrs you could slide it over the opening and stopp the thread from going in or out.

Another way to stop the retraction is to stop the center spool from spinning. An extra hole drilled in the out tube of the thread boss would allow you to stick something in that could wedge agains the inner spool after you had spooled out as much thread as you wanted.

These are both viable options that have been played with. I'm surprised James hasn't put out something like this. He's been playing with a braking system for his reels almost since day one.

Good luck,

Dave
Katmando
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Katmando
Quote:
On 2004-11-24 17:31, k wrote:
a stealth retractor (althought it took me quite some time to know how to use it for the thread not to snap...) and these won't retract unless I want it to...

I did not relizes the Stealth retractor had a locking mechinism. How does that work?

Thanks <><
Vibono Magic
View Profile
Special user
Växjö,Sweden
647 Posts

Profile of Vibono Magic
I would go for Steffan Schutzers Thu Ultimate Float Controler. It's the original mororized ITR.
Vibono Mirage
Magic entertainer and Balloon artist
Katmando
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Katmando
Quote:
On 2004-11-28 04:39, Vibono Magic wrote:
I would go for Steffan Schutzers Thu Ultimate Float Controler. It's the original mororized ITR.

Why? What Does this one have over the others?

Thank you <><
Vibono Magic
View Profile
Special user
Växjö,Sweden
647 Posts

Profile of Vibono Magic
Since it is mororized the reel is faster so you can do things like the flying bill were the bill actualy flyes from the spectators hand to your hand. You are able to "look" the thread since the reel only workes when the bodey/float controler is in a serten posision. This means that you can have the bill floating, walking away from the bill or make it float away from you and when you approach it it will float down to the floor, Raise your hand over it and it will float up to your hand.

As it is quit a strong motor you can also use it to animate/move objects on a table or in a glass.
Vibono Mirage
Magic entertainer and Balloon artist
k
View Profile
Loyal user
Marseille
283 Posts

Profile of k
Mmm.
Thanks David, I might actually try that, as soon as I get one. The stealth retractor only retract when you want it to, thus looking itself when nothing is done.

I think the UFC fas to be attached somehow on the walls no? I'd rather have something on myself.

"Voici mon secret. Il est très simple. On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux" St-Exupéry
Katmando
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Katmando
Am I understanding this correctly? If the stelth retractor is lock in its idle state how does one get the IT out? Is the feature motorized as well with a reverse feature?

Thanks <><
Anders Moden
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of Anders Moden
Quote:
On 2004-11-29 18:56, k wrote:

I think the UFC fas to be attached somehow on the walls no? I'd rather have something on meself.

No, the UFC is on your body
k
View Profile
Loyal user
Marseille
283 Posts

Profile of k
Haha... What would be the difference with UFC, micro ITR 2004 and spider pen then?

Concerning the stealth retractor, it is not really locked as "lock" means. SR only retract when you want it too but the thread is not "locked" so you can pull it, and it won't retract.
The only downside of the SR or the hummingbird is that you have to keep the device in you hand.
How does the UFC works? Is it a electrified ITR?

Anders Moden
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of Anders Moden
The UFC (as I just wrote in another thread) is a motorized ITR, totally silent and the thread can be pulled out without resistance a long distance. When you move your body slightly, the motor retracts the thread. If the floated item is not to heavy, like a bill, the thread is "locked" when the motor is off.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Simple have a ball of putty next to the hole. Push the ball over the hole and the thread is locked.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.