The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Michael Ammar IT DVDs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
AqueousMagiK
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of AqueousMagiK
Hello
I'm real interested in IT tricks I believe IT is the magic for me. ive got experience with IT but no formal tutorials, just making things up my self. I'm so glad a fellow magician told me about this website, its exciting to be able to discuss ideas.

ive purchased the leclair dvd and just waiting for it to come in the mail

but I went to the local magic shop and saw that they had Ammar dvds on sale for half price,and was wondering if you guys thing its worth getting the Ammar IT dvd series. I had a look at the back of it and he seems to teach a lot more about ITRs than just straight IT, and ive had an itr but its not my thing, so since I'm just into IT not ITRs do you thing ill benifit from the dvd?
Aaron Farrugia
YVRDave
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, BC
104 Posts

Profile of YVRDave
It contains tips on all types of IT, not just ITR's. I have the tapes, and am assuming the DVDs are the same and I feel you will benefit greatly from the non-ITR part - I did.
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
There are several advantages that makes DVD's a better buy.
- More material (bonus).
- Higher quality (picture/sound).
- Menu selections.
- Easier to manoeuvre through the routines.
- You don't have to rewind Smile

But Aaron, you mentioned that you've got LeClair's DVD on the way? I suggest you to study this great DVD first, you got tons of stunning routines there.

If it sparkes your interest and you want some more indept material you go for the Ammar's ETMTM set - on DVD that is..

-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
Katmando
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Katmando
Aaron,

I just got the Ammar it series and I have enjoyed them so far Am about 1/4 of the way throught the third one. Although he does discuss the ITR in great depth he does also cover allot of non ITR related stuff as well. With all that said I am guessing the Jon LeClair dvd will give you the info you need and should keep you busy. So I think Eirik has given some good advise.

But since I am sucker for informational video and I founf the LeClair video half off I might just have to pick it up.

Good luck <><
AqueousMagiK
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of AqueousMagiK
Yep just got the leclair dvd, and its absolutly excellent, thanks for all ur replies anyways
I'm still considering the Ammar dvds though mabe sometime in the future
Aaron Farrugia
Pekka
View Profile
Special user
Finland
560 Posts

Profile of Pekka
Get the Ammar tapes! He discusses several important issues of ITs and ITRs as well as reveals some of the marketed items for them. In fact, I would have saved loads of money if they would have been available four years ago.

Another great benefit is that you can set-up in several different ways. Since IT is very sensitive material it is well worth to have a backup set up, Further, you may achieve a better effect by using an alternative set up even when LeClair's set up is excellent.

And please, do not consider ITR as not your thing. It is a magic utility item, when you need one, use it. One does not have to have an opinion on it. Ammar tapes teaches some excellent routines with ITR and when considering the good side of them (they an be literally carried anytimes) you may decide to buy one to be able to so "impromptu" shows.
algebraic
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of algebraic
Try finding out what material is presented on each of the Ammar DVDs. That way you may save yourself some money instead of getting the same/similar information. You may find yourself buying only one or two DVDs instead of all three. Put the saved money towards another purchase.

I have all three of the Ammar DVDs. If you are familiar with some aspects of ITRs, you may only want one of the DVDs.

I hope this helps.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
O.K. I can't afford the whole set right now being I have a lot of gifts to buy this month but I can get one. I have been doing IT work for a while, so which one is the best one to start with, being that I'm not a novice?
algebraic
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of algebraic
I'd check out http://www.elmwoodmagic.com. Look up each DVD and read the very detailed description of what is on each DVD. You may not be interested in the first DVD based upon your experience.