The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Loop Ball (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
magic8161
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of magic8161
Were can I buy a loop ball or do I have to make my own?..................thanks

JP
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Kontakt kozmo here at the kafe

In other words,
send a PM to "tedb"
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
Although I bought mine (from Cellini), they are fairly easy to make. If you do go for the making, I suggest an 8 or 12lb test fishing line for the loop.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
While you are at it, do yourself a favor and order the Cellini "Magic You Can Do Anywhere" DVD. It is loaded with practical effects using the loop ball (plus many other PRACTICAL magical effects) including some Slydini material and Jim Cellini's inspired handling using the Devil's Handkerchief, multiple 3" "coins" and multiple ball productions.

All is just IMHO.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
martysh
View Profile
Special user
Greenville,SC
529 Posts

Profile of martysh
Guys...
Not so handy myself with wood and all I have been working on this for a few months with a threaded rubber ball. Maybe it is a bit heavy but I don't know the difference.. a smaller size ball is always available too. and and and... it can bounce when I need it to.

marty
magic8161
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of magic8161
TURK! Who is KOZ? I would like one.

Thanks.....JIMMY
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2004-10-17 21:22, magic8161 wrote:
TURK! WHOS KOZ? I WOULD LIKE ONE. THANKS.....JIMMY

Jimmy,

Koz is short for Kozmo the street magician name of tedb here on the Café. Type in "tedb" (without the qoutes) in the search box under members and up will come a bunch of his posts. Then, just click on his avatar and send him a PM.

Koz is a very close personal friend of Jim Cellini. Either Koz or Cellini can fix you right up with the loop ball, the DVD and a lot of other "street tested" magic and other DVDs.

The "Magic You Can Perform Anywhere DVD is just a great DVD. Unlike a lot of DVDs out there today (that only have one or two keepers), this DVD is "Golden"; every routine is a winner and is very strong entertaining magic.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
$21.00 U.S. seems too steep a price for me. Payne made one out of a track ball and painted it to look like a pearl and it looks great and works great.
Just my 2 cents worth.
-Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2004-10-19 06:18, irossall wrote:
$21.00 U.S. seems too steep a price for me. Payne made one out of a track ball and painted it to look like a pearl and it looks great and works great.
Just my 2 cents worth.
-Iven Smile

Yeah but if I could have found one that looked like a giant pearl I would have gladly paid $21.00 for as it would have saved me a great deal of time
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5475 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Its $25 plus $4 shipping....and they are made by cellini not me
koz
magic8161
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of magic8161
I just found one at a junk store.in fact they have a lot of them all in blue.I drilled a small hole in it and it works great!!!! 40 cents. I bought two. thanks for the help all...........Jimmy
Craig Ousterling
View Profile
Special user
585 Posts

Profile of Craig Ousterling
O.k... maybe I'm an idiot.... What's a loop ball? Or am I just reading too deep and it's actually just a tool for making the O's

~Craig
Foxbiz
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta
209 Posts

Profile of Foxbiz
If you mean "hank ball" used for vanishing/appearing silks, check out Duane Laflin's site... He has the ball and a video that shows how to use it with out the loop!
magic8161
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of magic8161
Almost the same size as a billard ball. with a gimick on it. it looks great when done right.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5475 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Grey ghost, jim cellini released a dvd early this year and on that dvd he did some effects with a loop ball...and because of those effects there is an interest in this old classic prop...its a ball that vanish and re-appears at any time you want...you can drop it in a hat and thurn the hat over and its gone...the spectator can see you drop it ion...its in there a boom its gone...great magic I think...its on the dvd magic that can happen anywhere...give it a try...good stuff
koz
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I do not believe $25 is to must for the correct prop to perform with, but if you instist on trying to make your own, then check out craft stores and wood craftmens shops. They have hard wood balls already to be painted in a varity of sizes. It is up to you to figure out how to attach the fishing line. Clear fishing line is becoming harder to locate, anyway in my area.
Tod Todson
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1296 Posts

Profile of Tod Todson
Speaking of materials, I'm interested in hearing how others have built balls.

Thus far, I've head of 2" wood, mouse trackballs, and even rubber.

Anyone want to share any tips, ideas, suggestions learned thus far?

Best,
Tod
Mystifier, Youth Speaker
<BR><BR>
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5475 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Hollow balls are great for salk pours and such...i would love to find some of those
koz
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5965 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2004-11-16 19:56, tedb wrote:
Hollow balls are great for salk pours and such...i would love to find some of those
koz

There's no shortage of practice golfballs. I use one for my egg bag routine instead of the egg.
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Quote:
On 2004-11-16 19:56, tedb wrote:
koz
Are hollow balls a problem??
One can find 'em in any toystore..
I've a couple lying around used earlier for final loads for the C&Bs, but the colour might be the prob..still, I really think it isn't hard to find hollow balls of the right size for altering them to loop-balls for a salt pour..
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )