The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: In Spectator's Hands - THE Ring (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
A customer has asked for me to produce a ring in his hopeful-to-be fiancee's hands. I have a couple of ways that I'm working on, but I'd prefer to not re-invent the wheel. Is/are there routine(s) already out there for this sleight?

And, nope -- there's nothing useful in the SEARCH feature.
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4758 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I was asked this once and I used it as my finale. I did Carl Cloutier's trick Cards to Slimfast can which can be found on his video Third Wave. I modified it somewhat and changed from Slimfast to Planters Peanuts, and I changed the cards to a signed bill. I got the bill from the soon to be fiancee, had her sign it and vanished it in ball of flame (flash bill). I gave her the can of nuts as a consolation prize and continued on with my show. At the end of the show, I had her bring the nuts back up on stage and had her open the foil pop top. Inside was the signed bill wrapped around a wedding ring . She said "the bill is mine but not the ring." As she said that, I stepped back as her boyfriend came up behind her and said, "it is now. Will you marry me?" 500 people went nuts and it lead to a standing ovation. Killer.
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Hey now, that's just about what I was looking for! Thanks for the tip-off -- I contacted our local magic store (www.funtymemagic.com; they also have a great internet presence) and they'll have that book or video (whichever he can find; I prefer the book) for me by next Thursday.
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
If you are familier with Clifton's Ring Move (originally in Variations by Earl Nelson) you could do the following.

Perform a ring cord routine which ends with the ring being tied inside your fist (via CRM). It vanishes and appears on your finger as per the standard handing.

Offer to repeat the effect using her hand and as you thread the ring on also thread HER ring. Steal the first ring as you tie the knot around her fist. Proclaim that the ring has left her hand.

When she tells you it hasn't produce the ring on your finger and explain to her that the one in her hand should never leave her hand.
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
Or...do the Flash Paper Rose. Light it and a real rose appears with a ring ribbon tied on the stem. VERY flashy and VERY romantic.

It's on the Kevin James Floating Rose Video.