The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Omega Ring or genius Gimmick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Dr.Morton
View Profile
New user
Germany
76 Posts

Profile of Dr.Morton
Can anyone provide me with a good source of effects for these items?
Thanks in advance.
It is not enough to be without thoughts,
one should also be unable to express them.
billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Profile of billfromoregon
I am familiar with the Omega Ring, but haven't heard of the genius gimmick. Can you explain what this is? My favorite effect for the Omega Ring is Allan Ackerman's version of 'Rising Dough', a Dan Harlan effect, with the final change taking place in the spectator's hand. Allan did this for us when he lectured, and it was AWESOME! Allan suggested using a small band-aid to cover the gimmick on the Omega Ring, both to camouflage the gimmick and deaden the sound. This is in his summer 1997 lecture notes, 'I Can't Believe It's Not All Cards Lecture Tour'.
Dr.Morton
View Profile
New user
Germany
76 Posts

Profile of Dr.Morton
The Genius Gimmick works the same way as the Omega Ring and was a marketed effect in Germany. Since the company producing it is well known for ripping of other people's ideas my guess was that there must be an "original" somehow.
It uses the same material as the TT and is difficult to detect. It is worn on the inside of one of your middle fingers. Sadly it was a cheap product and difficult to handle although it has its advantages over the obvious Omega ring.
It is not enough to be without thoughts,
one should also be unable to express them.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5211 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom