The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Ring flight without a jacket (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Flec
View Profile
Special user
UK
585 Posts

Profile of Flec
Any thoughts?

I tried it last night for two people who were slightly drunk (easiest people to practise on I feel!). One of them said, "there's something underneath there...something tricky's going on." The other one, who was standing right next to me, didn't notice a thing. They were both pretty impressed, but misdirection was easy as hell with a pair of drunks.

Does anyone do ring flight without a jacket? I would like to take it out when I am not performing and not wearing a jacket/coat, but I have been afraid so far.
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
898 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
IMO, you don't need a jacket when you do ring flight, except when you're surrounded. If you have one or two people in front of you, you can do it with a short sleeved shirt.
All the best,
Michael
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Next week you can buy "Just IN Case" the Pete Biro/Joe Porper Ring Fright... you can do it naked as the key case is on the table or in spectator's pocket, your trouser or shirt pocket or anywhere.

No reels, pulls, Ttips, nuttin' honey.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Quote:
On 2004-09-05 16:31, Pete Biro wrote:
Next week you can buy "Just IN Case" the Pete Biro/Joe Porper Ring Fright... you can do it naked as the key case is on the table or in spectator's pocket, your trouser or shirt pocket or anywhere.

No reels, pulls, Ttips, nuttin' honey...
Ahhh Pete...don't tease us. Smile
Gaetan Bloom's version can that too.I bet you came up with a better solution than that *classical* TT. Smile
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
... you can do it naked...

Yeah, but then my clients would demand a refund. Plus, I'd look really stupid wearing my holdout. Smile
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Quote:
On 2004-09-05 17:14, Larry Davidson wrote:
Quote:
... you can do it naked...

Plus, I'd look really stupid wearing my holdout. Smile
Depends on where you attached it. Smile

Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Here's a game you can play, mentally. What couple (man/wife) would you least like to see naked?

Email Joe Porper at http://www.porperoriginals.com and get on the list. Plan A is to have 25 sets ready in a week.
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

BTW Pete. I happen to know that Fred K. did work on (and use) a version of the Ring Flight.
Is this by any chance a bit similar to yours?

Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Fred K. (Kaps?) If so, no this is very different. A cross between his and Bloom's, but a radical departure in the gimmick. And the KEY, a much improved locking house key that can go on/off a cord. Makes the old one ala folding coin obsolete.
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Quote:
On 2004-09-06 13:57, Pete Biro wrote:
Fred K. (Kaps?) If so, no this is very different. A cross between his and Bloom's, but a radical departure in the gimmick. And the KEY, a much improved locking house key that can go on/off a cord. Makes the old one ala folding coin obsolete.
Thanks. Yes, I did mean Fred Kaps. Smile
He had a reel-less version too...

Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Bongers did it with sleights only, right.

Did you ever see him do my ring on stem of wineglass? He did it at least twice on TV specials. I'm working on a one man standup routine.
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Quote:
On 2004-09-06 18:38, Pete Biro wrote:
Did you ever see him do my ring on stem of wineglass? He did it at least twice on TV specials. I'm working on a one man standup routine.
Of course I did see it Pete. Smile
I did see most of what he did, even in his earlier stage.
I recall somebody well-known mentioned (I think it was Wittus Witt) he hadn't seen earlier certain routines on the FK-DVD from Dick K., like the soap bobbles/champagne glass (DVS cone and ball routine).
Well, I did see it all...life!
I also saw the Bro. John Hamman videos (have 'em) taken at Philippe Fialho's place and of course him doing the dancing/floating cork.
What I loved most in his card to ringbox was his mock-pass for controlling the card...pure joy!
And his C&B qirth sponges, Laurie Ireland basics used...simply outstandingly great magic.
Mind you, first time I met him in person was 1959 at Enschede (Holland, where he did the vanishing chandelier at the end of his show. That was the one thing most disliked, but otherwise...THE GREATEST! Without any doubt.

Oh BTW, one thing bothers me. When seeing the DVD and the soap-bobble stuff, I must admit he does palm the *balls* so relaxed I can't surpress the thought that he might have used a loop-ball. Try to have a look at that passage...it's simply so incredible.
But the thought he had used a loop-ball is *perverse*. Smile

Quote:
On 2004-09-06 18:36, Pete Biro wrote:
Bongers did it with sleights only, right.
What a *******. Smile