The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: “Mysterious Ring” lacks instructions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
460 Posts

Profile of Hushai
I ordered a trick called “Mysterious Ring,” apparently created by Vincenzo Di Fatta, from EvanEraTVLaugh@Life. When I received it, the only instructions in the box were for the Chinese Linking Rings, not for Mysterious Ring. I’ve emailed the seller about this, but it doesn’t look certain that I’m going to get any help from them or from the manufacturer, whom I’ve also contacted. Is there any way I can get the instructions for this trick, either as a pdf or other written instructions, or video instructions? I think I can see the basic way this trick works, but I’d like whatever more detailed instructions are supposed to come with the trick.
funsway
View Profile
Eternal Order
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
10001 Posts

Profile of funsway
The "Mysterious Ring by di Fatta" is a small ring to chain effect and has nothing to do with Linking Rings.

Since this sells for less than $2.00, one might assume the employee hired to put instructions in the box is not highly skilled. Smile

The method is a simple girth knot and can be found in Tarbell - but someone might have instructions to send.

If you use a split key ring, the audience will assume you are somehow getting the ring open with broken fingernail
and miss the obvious solution - a bit of psychological misdirection.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
460 Posts

Profile of Hushai
Would I be justified in expecting the seller of the effect simply to open up another box containing the trick, take out the instructions from that box and send them to me? I did pay for the trick, including the instructions.
funsway
View Profile
Eternal Order
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
10001 Posts

Profile of funsway
Expecting that they should? Yes. Expecting that they will? No so much.

I have tried many times to get corrections on various items. Mostly, I was lucky to get a reply at all.

Strangely, on a BIG ticket item such as an electric pet grooming table damaged they just requested I donate this one to a non-profit and sent me another $700 table.

Kinda magic.

GOOD LUCK.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
460 Posts

Profile of Hushai
UPDATE: I still have not heard back from the dealer about the missing instructions. BUT I found a couple of Youtube videos that explain how to do this trick pretty clearly. I just googled "Mysterious Ring." So, I guess my search for instructions is over. But, I will not be buying anything else from that dealer, if they don't come through for me.