The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: 21st Century Rubber Band Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
I bought this trick from my local magic store called Linked For Life. It's a rubber band magic effect where two ordinary rubber bands are visibly linked in a snap - PERMANENTLY - and you can even give it to the spectators as a souvenir.
The trick is pretty good but do you have ideas on how to show the two rubber band separately in separate hands?
DanHarlan
View Profile
V.I.P.
998 Posts

Profile of DanHarlan
Are you familiar with the vanish employed in my "Incredible Shrinking Rubberband" effect? This material has just been re-issued on DVD.
http://www.mymagic.com/harlan.htm
If so, one hand is set for this while the other hand conceals a pre-linked band. As the first vanishes, the concealed one is revealed to take its place. This can be done visually, to give the impression that one band is "tossed" onto the other. Or it can be delayed, by making it look as though both bands have simply been placed together, then you may link them as you see fit.
--Dan Harlan
Visit My Site @

www.themystictower.com
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
1158 Posts

Hi Dan! nope I'm not familiar with it.I'm just starting with rubberband magic and I'm planning to get some videos soon.
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
Dan's suggestion is a good one, and one I tried in my experimentations that led to creating "Linked for Life". You may also want to look up the two handlings by Michael Weber that I reference in the manuscript.

The reason I specifically like my version over those is that you don't have an extra band to hide or ditch, and while yes, one band is stretched between two hands, it's still incredibly clean and deceptive.

Regardless of this, however, if you like band magic, you'd be well advised to buy both Dan's 3 DVD set and his Band Shark (now on DVD, too). All 4 contain some frickin' brilliant stuff. Also, don't miss Joe Rindfleisch's Elastrix 2. Skip the original, though, it's got lots of silly puzzles and gags, and the few decent effects it contains are poorly taught ("Snap", "Penetrating Bands").

--A
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
1158 Posts

Thanks Andy for the reference. I'll soon check them out. Dealing with rubber bands are interesting and a new thing for me so I'd pretty much go through a huge deal learning this new art. Thanks again.. Smile