The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Advice on rigged dice rolls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Kune
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of Kune
I am looking for a method of rolling a pair of dice, and first getting a 9, and then a 5.

Could anyone recommend any products or learning materials to look into? Ideally I would like something that isn't too expensive, as I probably won't be using them often.

While getting those two numbers 100% of the time would be nice, something that works most of the time would be fine as well.
Likewise while it would be nice not to have to switch dice in between roles, I assume it would require something very expensive.
Michael L
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of Michael L
I'd love to see existing work on this as well (I was looking into supplies to make my own dice), but I assumed that dice already on the market which could guarantee rolls 100% of the time would either be expensive (magnets and whatnot) or obvious (your dice has nothing but fives).
If it doesn't have to be 100% you can definitely find weighted and mis-spotted dice online, somewhat inexpensively if you want to experiment with some. Also, maybe you can get away with switching out a single dice if you're comfortable with that? ie. A gimmicked 3/6 pair for your 9 roll, and then you'd just have to swap out the 6 with a 2 to get a roll of 5 (with 3/2)? You're still switching out but less obviously. This assumes the dice will more or less guarantee the roll you want.
Kune
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of Kune
Thank you very much for the suggestions, and I was also thinking that swapping just one might be a possibility.