The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Pen Magic/Manipulation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
_W_
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of _W_
Hello!

I've recently been looking for good sources on pen manipuation/magic and sleeving.

I know of:
Rick Merrill's Coin & Pen Routine
Bizarro's A Marked Man
Gregory Wilson's ReCap
Tom Crosbie's Pencyclopedia
Brendan Rodrigues's Visualization

Are there any other good pen magic/manipuation sources I should take a look at?

Thank you! Smile
atomic111
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of atomic111
I recently posted a similar request with no response. I have recap but I don’t think that’s what you are really looking for. I’m going to start with pencyclopedia but don’t know if there are better places to start. Sleeveless sleeping was recommended in other posts in the past.
_W_
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of _W_
Thank you! I did not know about sleeveless sleeving.

I guess pen or pencil magic isn't very popular lol.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3573 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Though this is an old thread and some of the links don’t work...

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......forum=10
Douglas.M
View Profile
Elite user
467 Posts

Profile of Douglas.M
On DVD v.3 of Inside the mind of Garrett Thomas is a clever shrinking sharpie effect called Sharpie Shrink.
You might want to also check out David Williamson's Rebate.(coins from pen cap).
TheGladsomeBeast
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of TheGladsomeBeast
Michael Feldman has a cool color-changing pen routine called "End for ENd" I believe, where . a pen cap changes color and then the pen changes color to match the pen. It's a good routine, especially if you're into pen magic.
TheGladsomeBeast
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of TheGladsomeBeast
I have asked this in teh past, one of the commons responses I would get is to look at old cigarette and cigar magic, a lot of the sleights can be applied to pens/markers. that being said you can do a lot of cool paddle moves with a gimmicked sharpie Smile.
_W_
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of _W_
Thank you for all your responses!

I've never considered looking at cigarette magic, but that's a really good idea.