The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Sleeving videos (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
atomic111
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of atomic111
Can anybody recommend some of the sleeving videos from the last few years? The recently three time removed post about a new product from a magician considered a villain around here got me headed down a path I had not considered before. One thing in particular that is relatively new is a video by Witness Kou. I'm not sure if that is a good place to start or what would be phase 2 or 3. All of the sleeving videos are $30 plus and I'd rather not jump in and buy multiple at this time.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Have you seen anything by Rocco? He's a sleeving master!

Doug
GlennLawrence
View Profile
Veteran user
Randolph NJ
327 Posts

Profile of GlennLawrence
I would also throw in anything by Carl Cloutier, another sleeving master!
atomic111
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of atomic111
Thanks for both of those suggestions.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Atomic111, all techniques are not the same with each individual, there is not one answer that fits every person and situation. So it may be necessary to purchase multiple DVDs to find the technique that fits your abilities.

Sleeving is not easy, it will take a lot of practice to get it to be perfect and natural looking. If you are not willing to purchase the right style clothing, and where them, plus spend hours practicing, then there is not need to learn this little used secret method for ditching and recovering items.
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
I agree with Doug.
Rocco's the man.
He gave a lecture at our SAM meeting and it was like real magic.
I have his sleeving DVDs and they are excellent but it takes a lot of practice.
Ihor
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9552 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Some good suggestions here on this most clever part of the art. And so many wonderfully deceptive ways to do it too. 😊

I would also suggest looking into Justin Miller’s Silver Dream, he uses and teaches some interesting methods there. 😉

And while admittedly I’m no Master, I have played around with this quite a bit myself and have used it in performance. I even put out a little take on it in my Double Trouble download, simply called “Gone!” It’s no great treatise but it does show you the basics in a good, affordable effect, one that I still do all the time to great and instantaneous amazement. And with some practice, you can do it too and build off it as you like. 😊👍🏽

https://vinnymarini.com/index.php/produc......trouble/
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3573 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Circuit_Breaker
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Circuit_Breaker
Since most of the recommendations were not from the last few years. I figured I could add another one that has aged well.

Sleeveless Sleeving by Johan Stahl

Video demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd83F1NnY20
TheGladsomeBeast
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of TheGladsomeBeast
Another vote for Sleeveless Sleeving. Also check out "Sleeving" by Lukas and Seol Park https://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/sleeving-lukas-and-seol-park-jl-2-dvd-set-with-free-bonus-sleeving-book-by-rocco/, some really amazing sleeving material on here.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Can't remember the name of the guy, who won many magic competitions with is Sharpie routine. It involve sleeving as well. There is an YouTube video of his stand up performance.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Rocco's 1st Penguin lecture is the best sleeving lecture/video I have ever seen.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9552 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2019, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Can't remember the name of the guy, who won many magic competitions with is Sharpie routine. It involve sleeving as well. There is an YouTube video of his stand up performance.

Think that might be "Rick Merrill," he has a masterful routine using sharpies and coins, an amazing performer as well as a FISM Champion.
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2019, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Rocco's 1st Penguin lecture is the best sleeving lecture/video I have ever seen.

That's the one I recommend! Smile

Doug
danster08
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of danster08
Quote:
On Oct 9, 2019, atomic111 wrote:
Can anybody recommend some of the sleeving videos from the last few years? The recently three time removed post about a new product from a magician considered a villain around here got me headed down a path I had not considered before. One thing in particular that is relatively new is a video by Witness Kou. I'm not sure if that is a good place to start or what would be phase 2 or 3. All of the sleeving videos are $30 plus and I'd rather not jump in and buy multiple at this time.

I was wondering why I couldn’t find any info. about JM’s project. I’m curious, as I am not up on “magic beef”, why is he perceived as a “villain”? I am genuinely curious.
Daniel Lee
317-941-6FUN
http://danielleemagic.com/
atomic111
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of atomic111
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2019, danster08 wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 9, 2019, atomic111 wrote:

I was wondering why I couldn’t find any info. about JM’s project. I’m curious, as I am not up on “magic beef”, why is he perceived as a “villain”? I am genuinely curious.

I am not up on it either but the posts regarding his sleeving video turned sour with old history and accusations of bad business. It looked like he was a villain to a lot of people so I used that language.