The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Samurai sword/Knights Templar (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2055 Posts

Profile of Daren
Hi, does anyone own this beautiful effect, I do and think it is great! I use as an ending to a short ring and string routine, the only weakness I think is the hand has to lightly hold the cloth bag at some point in the routine, for those that perform this are you ever questioned on this part, I would think this is a very small thing and would hardly get noticed? All attention should be with the hand that holds the ring anyway right?
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2055 Posts

Profile of Daren
KeithP
View Profile
Regular user
171 Posts

Profile of KeithP
The video appears to be a knock off of Collector's Workshop Samurai.
The reason I feel it is a knock off is that the Collector's Workshop model had round balls at the top of the poles.
I think it is a wonderful effect. I owned it and sold it because I mostly perform for children.
Most kids don't wear rings... but when they do, they are very random in construction.
I once got a ring that was a lattice work and the vanish from a rope did not work well.
I highly recommend it for those who perform for adults.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Daren, the only thing I noticed is you did not say anything, also known as patter in our business. The fault is that patter is also used as misdirection, if you devise a story or descriptive patter, this will help in drawing in the audience to the total effect, and not your actions of showing the prop.

I realize you had to say within the frame of the video, but with a little more showmanship, you can vanish the ring, and use the holding as a get ready for the finale to reveal the ring on the sword.

Silent films were used in the early days of movies, because they did not know how to attach sound to the film as of yet. Today, we can attach sound, therefore it should be used as an added part of the whole magic effect. I can't suggest more as so much depends on your style and performing personality.

Thank you, I never seen this effect's t basic effect seems to be very magical.