The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Locking hot rod (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
sOnrisemagic
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of sOnrisemagic
So I have had my triple change brass hot rod for 20 years. It's great, but over the years has some scratches so I need to replace it. Does any one know where I can get a good quality one?
I ordered one and it was terrible, and very loose. Seeing if any one has good first hand experience with any of them out there. thanks
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Try Rings and Things - https://www.rnt2.com/
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3885 Posts

Profile of Julie
I don't think RNT2 makes a versatile "locking" Hot Rod like the OP is describing...?
sOnrisemagic
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of sOnrisemagic
Quote:
On Aug 8, 2018, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Try Rings and Things - https://www.rnt2.com/

Poof-Daddy thanks for the suggestion. I’ve talked with him over at rnt2 and he didn’t have them last time I checked, but that was over 6 months ago. he’s a great guy, and coordinates all of Christians USA sales from card shark. I will try him again and see what he says.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3712 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Daytona Magic has one in brass.
sOnrisemagic
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of sOnrisemagic
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2018, jimhlou wrote:
Daytona Magic has one in brass.

Awesome, thanks!!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Brass can be polished by using Brasso, or Jeweler's rouge. These can be purchased at any hardware store.

Personal opinion, I never liked the bras models, the ones I have handled, it was obvious by the ends of the rod.
sOnrisemagic
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of sOnrisemagic
Quote:
On Aug 29, 2018, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Brass can be polished by using Brasso, or Jeweler's rouge. These can be purchased at any hardware store.

Personal opinion, I never liked the bras models, the ones I have handled, it was obvious by the ends of the rod.

thanks for the tip, i’m going to try that on my old one. it’s the only one i’ve seen with good ends.