The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: In and Outer Box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
amshake
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of amshake
I just got one of these simple effects from Gibbols in St Louis.. I had never seen one and as far as I can see.. its a great effect for those that pay attention. Now. I am hoping some of you use one and can help me come up with loads of ideas for it...

if you don't know what it is.. its a set of nested boxes.. in example.. you take it out... (1 box is blue.. 1 is red) and open the blue box to show the red box.. then open the red box to get a sponge ball for example. you then close up the blue box and place it inside the red box, which is seemingly impossible since the red box was inside the blue to start!!

Thanks in advancE!!!
Magic Geek
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
I built, using the same proportions, a cardboard version of this. The inner box looks like a red die, the outer box looks like a decorative box.

You need to, subtly, let people know or tells a story that points out that the boxes swap positions. Otherwise it can be subtle and they miss it.
quack
amshake
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of amshake
thats what I am affraid of.. its a great effect for those that pay attention.. but others just won't get it
Magic Geek
PaulEds
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of PaulEds
I have had a lot of fun and mileage from the gozinta box, combined with the bounce/no bounce balls - in close up and walkround (it resets as well).

Recently I've bought the Driebeck Die (made by Rob Bromley) and it's going to have it's debut performance in my stand up act later this week. This shows the faith that I have in this excellent effect. I'd better go back and rehearse it now!!
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8815 Posts

Profile of harris
I used it in a presentation for a math class.
I was brought in as a stress reliever before they started studying for the finale.

The boxes went over great with the teachers, but the students did not really seem to get the concept.

I have heard of other magicians using the boxes as a production item. Most use
sponges, but you could produce a signed card, or perhaps even an appearing cane.(idea from Bob Klamm)

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
RandyWakeman
View Profile
V.I.P.
Plainfield, ILLINOIS
1617 Posts

Profile of RandyWakeman
It is indeed Bob Driebeck's effect . . . sold by Ken Brooke for a time, known as the Driebeck Die prior to the knock-offs.