The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Crazy Man's Handcuffs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
BBM123
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
98 Posts

Profile of BBM123
I am practicing and trying to nail down the technique for CMH, but am having a lot of trouble. I can't see how to end up in III.9 from the beginning if you have the booklet.
If you can help me, please PM me or just reply to the message. Thanks a lot.
ellisd
View Profile
Veteran user
Sacramento
331 Posts

Profile of ellisd
I seem to have trouble learning magic from anything but videos, maybe 'cause I'm a lefty. Anyway I learned it from a tape called Michael Ammar's Classic Renditions. It's volume 2 and I think it's on sale for a great price at A1magicalmedia. Sorry, I'm a kindergartener on the computer. I don't know how to cut and paste addresses yet.
http://www.erictheballoondude.com

Balloon Twisting for all of Sacramento!
BWind
View Profile
Loyal user
Honolulu, Hawaii
262 Posts

Profile of BWind
BBM123,
You already know the "mechanics" or the technique of the move. Here's what helped me: don't look at your hands, practice while watching television in the dark, or take a long stroll and practice while walking. If you know the "put back" from the Harlan videos it helps to improve your rythm as well; you know, take off, put back on. You don't say which booklet you're using. I learned the method from the Ammar Book of Magic. Hope this helps.
BWind
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1484 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
Your question isn't very precise. But in a few words: if you understood the mechanics, practice and try to find the way it'll work for you. If you didn't, get another source.
I learned it from Dan Harlan's video, which is very nice, and full of material. Ammar's "Classic Renditions" will teach you more subtleties and details about this particular routine (time delay between the move and the revelation...).

Jonathan.
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Maybe you can take your book of instructions (to prove you own the effect) to a Magic shop and someone there will help you out.
Or try to join a Magic club. One of the benefits of joining a Magic club is the help that fellow members are willing to give. Just two more options available to you.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
cajuninms
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of cajuninms
Ok...if you want to know Crazy Man's Handcuff's (and a BUNCH of other awesome rubberband tricks) get the Dan Harlan Rubberband Magic vids...great stuff.