The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: To those who use the Spider pen pro to do the floating straw routine, help ! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
SoyMilky
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of SoyMilky
I watched the video so many times, I even slow it DOWN but the last few flick of his finger to show how he tie the I.T around the straw is SO convoluted that I cannot follow through.
The straw ALWAYS end up being pulled by the winding tension of the thread and unwind itself, letting itself loose.
Anyone manged to successfully get the straw to stay still ? Can we private message ? I couldn't understand just how he wind the straw and the I.T together ! :-(
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I suggest you contact the person in the video, I am sure he will give you for clarity.

http://www.yigalmesika.com/contact/
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Soy,
Yigal wraps the IT around the straw twice and then he wraps the straw around the thread twice.
The tricky part is wrapping the straw around the thread. Its very difficult to explain the moves in text.
I agree. it is hard to follow. I would suggest to follow along but use the video's point of view so you can follow along from the same angle.
Ihor
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3713 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I never could do it either. I just set the straw across the top of the glass, and let it rise up and fall. Seems to entertain people!
SoyMilky
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of SoyMilky
That might work, I am just thinking someone would see all the "ways" the straw move and "figures" it is unwrapping itself from something.
Good idea though ! Daring I might add...I probably will give that a miss.