The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Does a Locked Motorized ITR Exist ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
SoyMilky
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of SoyMilky
Sorcery have the locked ITR which is awesome, but because it needs to be manually "wind up" when replacing the threads which we all do often [legend have it some just buy new ITR but I am not so sure those people exist, legend has it that those people also own a swimming pool and live in a mansion ;p], the resulting "animation" of the reel will be different every time.

I wanted a consistent animation I can get use to [pace wise], so motorize reel is the way to go.
But a locked motorized reel would not only allow for consistent pull animation, it would also become a fantastic thread dispenser !
And then the usual bonus like being able to perform the floating rose etc...

Anyone heard of any locked motorized reel ?
Thank you !
This is my first post by the way.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
SoyMilky
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of SoyMilky
Hello Poof-Daddy, thank you for your reply.
I already have the Vectra Cobra.
Locking it requires you to determine the length first, open up the device and then roll up the rubber band.
Is there a motorized reel that allows you to lock the reel in real time so that you can determine the distance in real time ?
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I guess I wasn't exactly sure what you were asking. Could you accomplish what you want to do by using certain length in conjunction with any of his many mods?

Other than that, It is the only motorized reel I have ever used with the exception of the Kennedy motorized reel which I wouldn't consider "locking". One other motorized reel I have heard of but have never seen is the one used for the "Dancing Hank" by Sean Bogunia.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
SoyMilky
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of SoyMilky
Yes, Poof-Daddy, that would indeed be an option, however that would not be real time like the Locked I.T.R from sorcery where you can determine the length during performance.
Thank you so much for trying to help.
I really appreciate it !
peterwatch
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of peterwatch
Quote:
On Jan 20, 2017, SoyMilky wrote:
Yes, Poof-Daddy, that would indeed be an option, however that would not be real time like the Locked I.T.R from sorcery where you can determine the length during performance.
Thank you so much for trying to help.
I really appreciate it !

I think Steve Fearson's The Pod can fulfill your requirement “real time locke". Cheers.