The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: "Anything NEW Magic Man?" Yeah, "Me & My Hat" (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9554 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I'm asked this all the time, "What'ya got new, Magic Man?" Smile

A few places I could've posted this but since it involves "a few things" as to closeup, I thought this might be the place. Smile

I don't put up as much as I used to, as I've learned a few great lessons including "less-is-more" often times.

To that, here's something new, a download that mixes in a few things, thatI put up somewhat recently… Me & My Hat Smile

It's a fun effect that involves this & that, a few nice turns to it, with a good story and a lot of instant amazement. Smile It truly reminds me of the kind of on-the-spot good magic I grew up with. *And of course, if you don't wear a hat, it's easy enough to change up. I teach a lot in it as to closeup, it's not hard and quite fun to do. Anyway, like my grandpa used to say, "I can show'ya better than I can tell'ya..." Smile

*You can find the download at: www.VinnyMarini.com
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Nala Nosmoht
View Profile
Special user
Surrey,B.C. Canada,
641 Posts

Profile of Nala Nosmoht
Very nice! thank you
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
You should keep that little gem under your hat Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Just delightful Mb!

Of course you "fibbed" a little! (You had a coin purse frame, too! -hee hee)

THAT'S the "real stuff"!!! THANKS! for sharing it!

Dick
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
That's what magic is all about. Thanks for posting it.
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
That was beautiful thanks for sharing
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4230 Posts

Profile of warren
Nice as always Smile
Romano911
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of Romano911
I really enjoyed that Smile
Commonly known as Mariano Blanco.
Blaine G
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Blaine G
Well done and pleasant to watch
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9554 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thank you guys, I appreciate all your kind words and interest here in my latest, Me & My Hat. Smile

It's really an effect of several different elements, and brings together a lot of good closeup material into a fun effect. It's magic the way I first saw it...It was never just one thing, but a presentation of many things that kept you jumping and focused on the presentation all the way through for the next surprise to it. Smile Something like this just grabs you at every turn with a little bit of this & that from everywhere. Smile

I'm happy to offer this, as it really is the result of a journey of magic for me, and brings together so many things that I learned along my magic way. Smile There's nothing hard to it, but it teaches a lot of what takes to make good magic happen in such a easy-going way. And like I said, I use my hat here but the coin can be taken from an elbow, behind the knee or pocket. Smile

Whenever I want to do some of a mixed-bag full of surprises and sharp right turns, Me & My Hat is it. Smile

I'm really happy that people are liking it and giving it a try out there. I do it quite often and it always brings a big smile to the faces of children of all ages. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9554 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thank you all in the background here of PMs, as to your interest in Me & My Hat. Smile

Again, it's not a hard routine to do, as I always try to bring things simply together. In this, I have brought together a few different elements to bring about the magic, while directly interacting with the specs all the way. This is the way I first saw and came to appreciatate the art.

Nothing complicated here, just a small variety of magical occurrences that make people smile and perhaps always remember.

Thanks again for all your kind words. Smile

www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG6nWQwUt3k

-Mb

ThSecret
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of ThSecret
Made me smile (=. Nice job!
"A play does not take place on stage but in the minds of the spectators."
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
2002 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
First video I ever saw of yours...nice!
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin