The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Serendipity by Viking/ The Heat Is On by Brad Manuel (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4228 Posts

Profile of warren
I have come across 2 effects that look very similar, one is Serendipity by Viking Magic and the other is The Heat is on by Brad Manuel.

Basically Serendipity is advertised as a ring/marked coin to zippo type lighter and The heat Is On is advertised as a signed bill to zippo type lighter.

Personally I like the idea of the bill to lighter but it would be great if one lighter could do all 3, anyway on to my questions :

If anyone knows of these two effects is there an actual difference in how they are made and the method used for the effect ?

The Heat Is On is advertised as instant reset but I couldn't see anything regards the reset on Serendipity so if anyone knows about the reset on Serendipity please let me know ?

Also is one better made than the other and anymore info that you think regarding these effects I would be interested in ?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Read this description:
http://www.magicmethodsonline.com/wp/wpcproduct/serendipity/

Of course the better manufactured one would be Viking Magic.

I always wanted to get Serendipity, but never have.

I am thinking that you should be able to use a bill, in Vikings with a paper clip on the bill or a rubber band.

Again, these are not instant resets to my thinking of these products. Not really a strolling or table hopping apparatus.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4228 Posts

Profile of warren
Thanks Bill, I looked at the link provided and put the name of both effects in the search but only Serendipity came up which didn't mention anything regards the reset...however when I Googled the heat is on that says instant reset and that it's ideal for strolling magic. I thought as the effects looked very similar it would be best to ask others that own either of these effects as it's quite confusing.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Warren, I tried to PM you, but your PM's are at maximum, you have to remove some of you PM or print them out if you want to keep them.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4228 Posts

Profile of warren
Hi Bill I've deleted some of them now so hopefully you'll be able to pm me now.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
You have to clear out your delete folder, you can only have 60 PM's total for all the topic in the PM section. You are still filled up.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4228 Posts

Profile of warren
I've deleted a few more and emptied my trash now Bill.
Mark Williams
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
513 Posts

Profile of Mark Williams
Just as an aside, Tony Miller now has some Coin to VU-Lighters he rebuilt, here:

http://www.rfaproductions.com/products/VULighters.html

Best Magical Regards,

Mark Williams
"Once is Magic!! Twice is an Education!!"
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4228 Posts

Profile of warren
Thanks Mark but in the end I ordered The Heat Is on by Brad Manuel as when I contacted him he was very helpful with all the questions that I had and even sent me pictures etc where as when I contacted Viking Magic I didn't even get a reply so needless to say I'm not impressed with them.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
In the latest newsletter from Viking Magic, George is ill, from an auto accident. Not doing well.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Found the email, here is his statement.

Quote:
Sadly, due to repercussions from an auto accident I had a year ago, I am still not able to stand or sit for long lengths of time.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Aug 3, 2016, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Found the email, here is what it George's statement said in the email.

Quote:
Sadly, due to repercussions from an auto accident I had a year ago, I am still not able to stand or sit for long lengths of time.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4228 Posts

Profile of warren
Sorry to hear that,I'm still receiving emails from his company promoting their latest products so I had no idea. I'm surprised no one's helping with the business whilst he's on the mend.
In the meantime I'm happy with the service I've received off Brad Manuel and will give a review once I receive it Smile