The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Slydini's Linking Rubber Bands Mystery (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
JiveDadson
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of JiveDadson
A booklet named Slydini's Linking Rubber Bands Mystery has come into my possession. There is a part of it I am having trouble understanding. If you are familiar with the routine, I would appreciate your help.

Phase 1 is the un-linking move also known as the Crazy Man's Handcuffs. Check.
Phase 2 is a linking move, followed by the un-linking again.
Phase 3 is the one that's puzzling me. I have not been able to follow the instructions. What is the effect? Are the instructions and illustrations correct? I cannot see how the instructions lead from one illustration to the next.

Thanks for reading...
Bill Wood
View Profile
New user
Nova Scotia
98 Posts

Profile of Bill Wood
I learned Crazy Man's Handcuffs from this booklet. Although I don't do the other phases anymore I did at one point and they worked. I don't know if this will help but think of phase three as the illusion of a link and un-link. It's actually a twist and un-twist.
A Show By Joe
View Profile
Elite user
Long Island
410 Posts

Profile of A Show By Joe
Dan Harlin had an old VHS tape out years ago with a multi phase routine that was very good in the explaination. It even had at the end where you can show one rubber band as two doing CMH.