The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: CC Knives Info (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
snowpuppy
View Profile
Veteran user
Juneau,Alaska
326 Posts

Profile of snowpuppy
I've never seen this Set before,...anyone have some information on them?

Click here to view attached image.
snowpuppy
View Profile
Veteran user
Juneau,Alaska
326 Posts

Profile of snowpuppy
I can't make out the stamp on the blades.

snowpuppy
View Profile
Veteran user
Juneau,Alaska
326 Posts

Profile of snowpuppy
Comparison size: L-R; Enardoe,Merrill (Pakistan),Scotty York,Sander(knock off),unknown.

snowpuppy
View Profile
Veteran user
Juneau,Alaska
326 Posts

Profile of snowpuppy
I'm amazed Bill hasn't chimed in on this. Anyone with an idea?
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1348 Posts

Profile of Leo H
I'm stumped Snowpuppy and suggest you contact Doug Atkinson. He doesn't have this knife on his page but might have info:

magicref@lycos.com
snowpuppy
View Profile
Veteran user
Juneau,Alaska
326 Posts

Profile of snowpuppy
I sent Doug an email, but no answer from him....may be out of town. Still looking for info.
snowpuppy
View Profile
Veteran user
Juneau,Alaska
326 Posts

Profile of snowpuppy
I went to a Jeweler today and we found the following markings,... ORTHFIE The letters are well worn so the 1st letter could be an B instead & the 6th letter could be an L.
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1348 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Snowpuppy--I found this online:

http://www.ldlc.info/vintage-cg-2-blade-......in-japan

I think your knives are Japanese and were made or sold by the CG Company.
snowpuppy
View Profile
Veteran user
Juneau,Alaska
326 Posts

Profile of snowpuppy
Thanks Leo,...after close examination of the pictures of this knife,it has Japan & CG inside what looks to be a diamond stamped on one side of the blades & stainless stamped on the other side of the blades. My knives do not have any of these markings,but it does look to be the same shape and model type.Another path to follow on my search for the maker of this Set. Thanks again,Mike.
snowpuppy
View Profile
Veteran user
Juneau,Alaska
326 Posts

Profile of snowpuppy
After the last post I did a thorough search on ebays many pocket knife sites and found many look-a-likes,but no winners.....still searching.
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1348 Posts

Profile of Leo H
The knife in the auction ad appears to be the same shape and model type, which leads me to wonder if the manufacturer distributed this knife to different companies like CG who then put their stamp on the blades. Many of the items we purchase, like car batteries, are made by just a few manufacturers who distribute the batteries to many different companies. Those companies will then stick their labels on the batteries.

Still doesn't get us to the source though.
snowpuppy
View Profile
Veteran user
Juneau,Alaska
326 Posts

Profile of snowpuppy
Hmmm, Thanks Leo. With that scenario in mind maybe someone with more knowledge can put some insight on the following.....I recently purchased 4 Sander Knives and upon receipt and inspection of them,1 had the Samco stamp and the other 3 have Kent NYC STAINLESS stamp. The seller swears they are the same....anyone have info on this?
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
With regard to the first knife, someone could have just purchased the knives and made some sets for his own use.

Regarding the Sanders knives, I've collected color changing knives for over forty years and I don't believe the Kent NYC knives are original Sanders. Having said that, Kent produced a knife that looks like the sanders knives around the forties. You might check the size of your knives. The Sanders are 2 13/16" in length.
snowpuppy
View Profile
Veteran user
Juneau,Alaska
326 Posts

Profile of snowpuppy
Thanks Nicholas,....As for the first set,I too am thinking the same but the stamp really peaks my intrest. When it comes to the Sander/Kent knives,with the exception of the Stamp,there is no difference between them. I paid $250.00 for 5 Mogars,3 Kibbey's and 4 Sander/Kent knives,...good or bad purchase? And lastly,what should the price be for the Sander compared to the Kent knives? The Sander is on the right.

snowpuppy
View Profile
Veteran user
Juneau,Alaska
326 Posts

Profile of snowpuppy
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
You probably got an OK deal on all of those knives.
A set of three genuine Sanders knives can go anywhere from $350.00 to $600.00 or more. Never really heard of the Kent knives as magic items. So, I'm still of the opinion that they are not Sanders, probably just knives from around the same time period (70's ?)
snowpuppy
View Profile
Veteran user
Juneau,Alaska
326 Posts

Profile of snowpuppy
Thanks....When it comes to the first set, who ever made them, they are well made....hard to tell by the pics but I really like them. Still searching....
snowpuppy
View Profile
Veteran user
Juneau,Alaska
326 Posts

Profile of snowpuppy
How about anyone else out there,...any info on the first Set or hear of Kent NYC company taking over when the Sander Knife company stopped production?
snowpuppy
View Profile
Veteran user
Juneau,Alaska
326 Posts

Profile of snowpuppy
As I have retired from performing Magic Shows, I am going to be selling my Magic collection as a whole and start collecting CC Knives & some Coin Gaffs.Can someone give me some help on what prices I should expect to pay for certain knives....Merrill (original & Pakistan), Kibbey,J.P.JACKSON and so on. Thanks
snowpuppy
View Profile
Veteran user
Juneau,Alaska
326 Posts

Profile of snowpuppy
Ok CC Knife collectors out there,here's a set I need help on identifying;At first I thought they were Merrill Knives,but they have no stamp markings and are wider,shorter and thicker than Original and Pakistan Merrill Sets. Any Info?