The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Eye of the Needle by Tommy Wonder (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
conjurus_maximus
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of conjurus_maximus
I am considering doing this, but am interested in people's experience with the effect.

Anyone have tips or interesting ideas for the effect?

Here's an idea I just stumbled upon. Use David Harkey's effect "eye of the needle" as an opener for Tommy Wonder's "eye of the needle". Similar theme's go well together.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
My Harkey book is in storage, but as long as the effects are not similar, it is always great to combine tricks to make a longer entertaining routine. You could even end with the Gypsy Thread routine.
conjurus_maximus
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Good idea! combining with gypsy thread would actually be easier .... since the prep for the harkey/wonder routines are similar in one key way.
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2015, Bill Hegbli wrote:
My Harkey book is in storage, but as long as the effects are not similar, it is always great to combine tricks to make a longer entertaining routine. You could even end with the Gypsy Thread routine.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The preparation does not matter, it only your preparation, which has nothing to do with your audience. It is the effect that the audience sees is the key to an entertaining routine. Think of what the audience will see, not what you do behind the scenes.

If you cannot visualize the effect in your minds eye, of every effect you perform, then practice each trick until you do. Reading and thinking is only the bringing, you have to learn the effect very well to see the full impact of any magic trick, as the audience sees it.
conjurus_maximus
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Good idea thanks
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2015, Bill Hegbli wrote:
The preparation does not matter, it only your preparation, which has nothing to do with your audience. It is the effect that the audience sees is the key to an entertaining routine. Think of what the audience will see, not what you do behind the scenes.

If you cannot visualize the effect in your minds eye, of every effect you perform, then practice each trick until you do. Reading and thinking is only the bringing, you have to learn the effect very well to see the full impact of any magic trick, as the audience sees it.