The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Problema - dice effect based on badlands bob - worth buying? (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
KristoBall
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of KristoBall
Hi everyone - first post here and I very much enjoy sipping at the Café. Scrolling around hocus pocus today I came upon a six dice effect called Problema that seems to be based on badlands bob. Does anyone have experience with this illusion and if so what are your opinions? Is it worth the price? And can it really be examined "with a little practice" as the description suggests? I'm surprised to find it noton penguin and barely a mention in these forums. If you aren't familiar here's a link to the trailer on YouTube:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g1xPuIFFSP4

Thanks in advance for any advice on problema!
Dale J. O'Neill
View Profile
Regular user
I can't believe I only have
132 Posts

Profile of Dale J. O'Neill
I have one and I love it.
Twist,

Magically misdirecting you, one effect at a time.....

www.misdirectionist.com
john wills
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of john wills
Great classic!
KristoBall
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of KristoBall
Thanks for the replies! It's out of stock on Viking but hopefully I'll get a chance to buy it soon. Is it truly examinable?
Dale J. O'Neill
View Profile
Regular user
I can't believe I only have
132 Posts

Profile of Dale J. O'Neill
Yes it is examinable
Twist,

Magically misdirecting you, one effect at a time.....

www.misdirectionist.com
KarstenMeyerhoff
View Profile
New user
Germany
92 Posts

Profile of KarstenMeyerhoff
It is examinable afterwards, that much is true: At the beginning it is not, though. And it's a bit of a one-trick-pony, unless you follow it up with something that uses the dice from the box. I don't know/own the version discussed here - more a cheap, plasticky one - but I never used it, since the dice are so terrible.
LeoH
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of LeoH
I have the Viking version and can only recommend it. It is examinable both before and after. I use it as a prelude to dice stacking.
KristoBall
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of KristoBall
I lost this posting and now have found it again - thanks for the recommendations - it's a very cool effect. I purchased one of the cheap versions from a local magic shop to see how it works and I can see how the premise mechanic could be greatly improved by Viking ingenuity and quality craftmanship. Might have to invest - I like it quite a bit.
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Can this be performed with a different result each time? or is it like the cheap version(s) which have a fixed result?
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
Quote:
On Aug 1, 2020, wulfiesmith wrote:
Can this be performed with a different result each time? or is it like the cheap version(s) which have a fixed result?

I think it should be with the same result. Unless you buy Winner Dice which you can control any number you want.
martonikus
View Profile
Regular user
171 Posts

Profile of martonikus
Most sets on the market allow for two possible outcomes.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1541 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
The Viking one (when it was available) was a Collector's Workshop effect. I've owned one for at least 15 years. It's a fun effect. The Collector's Workshop version offers two outcomes, as Martonik mentioned.

Just an FYI.. at the time of my post, Hocus-Pocus has a gently used Viking Problema for sale ($49.95):

https://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/?p=83768

Get it while you can! (Once it is sold, the link will stop working.)

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
dragonash
View Profile
Veteran user
the sticks
380 Posts

Profile of dragonash
The cheap versions can only be examined after if something is lapped. The result is whatever the performer sets it up to be beforehand.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3879 Posts

Profile of Julie
Badlands Bob and Problema are two different tricks/effects with two different unrelated methods...