The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Who's your favourite Thread magician? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
JackDaniel
View Profile
Veteran user
nevada
376 Posts

Profile of JackDaniel
There are so many skilled thread magicians out there, and I wonder who your favourite is, doesn't matter if it's Close-up or Stage,
your answers will assist me on the path of getting some depth into my thread work.
Jack.
Visit the magic of Vegas and your life will change forever..
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
Well, there are sooo many, but some of my favourites
for Close-up are(in no particular order):
Jon LeClair,
Dan Harland,
Steve Fearson,
Michael Ammar,
James George,
and last but not least Finn Jon.

-e- Smile
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
fengenroll
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC
226 Posts

Profile of fengenroll
I've read a lot of great reviews on John Kennedy's work. Guess he also deserves some recognition among those mentioned.
F.
jmsilhy
View Profile
New user
Mex
68 Posts

Profile of jmsilhy
I second LeCLair (also a very good teacher) and Fearson with his hookup version.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Anyone ever seen Ron Jaxon?

This guy is a MASTER thread worker...I've learned more from him in the Café' & his website this year, than I have in all my books and videos...an amazing guy...

If you can, try and find those videos he does, one of which is a floating soda can...also check out his website & forum...

http://www.jaxonmagic.com/magicboard/

Doug
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5211 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Finn Jon is very good on threads !
http://www.finnjon.no/
Randy Sager
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Randy Sager
My Vote is for Finn Jon as well. I like Ammar's work on it too.
Karl Miller
View Profile
Elite user
494 Posts

Profile of Karl Miller
My favorites are Gaetan Bloom and Kevin James. Gaetan's thread work is incredible. His uses for thread are very unorthodox and no one would suspect thead at all. Kevin James' Floating Rose is a masterpiece and is well worth the time needed to master it. His hook-up is very versatile.
Nikos
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of Nikos
I would have to say Jon LeClaire first and foremost. I loved his video and his live work on it was great.
Then Fearson (for his amazing floating cigarette routine).
I have Volumes 2 and 3 of Michael Ammar's Thread DVDs. They are chock full of great ideas and an incredible amount of information. So I'd put him in at 3.
Finn Jon at 4 I know him by repuration only.
James George at 5 I know him by reputation only.
I haven't seen any of Ron Jaxon's work but he is extremelly knowledgeable on the subject of Thread work.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
ME!!! Smile
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17429 Posts

Profile of joseph
John LeClaire ..... Get his video..... Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
jmsilhy
View Profile
New user
Mex
68 Posts

Profile of jmsilhy
I know this isn't the subject here, but before I post a new thread I want to ask you guys.

I know Fearson's setup, and I also have LeClaire's video. Amazing stuff - like I mentioned above. But now I wonder if I could do better with an ITR. I don't know anything about them, can you mention some tricks done better with it, or a good source to learn about it?
JackDaniel
View Profile
Veteran user
nevada
376 Posts

Profile of JackDaniel
Jmsilhy, Check out the source: James George.
But I see you passed the magical 50 posts, and a whole new world opened for you, go to the Banquet Room, there is a lot of thread material right there.
Good Luck!(and welcome).
Jack. Smile
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
For me it's Kevin James. Not only because seeing him perform the floating rose in person was the first time I'd ever seen a trick done with IT and I remember how much of an impact it had in my magic. But also because he's a very creative thinker. I'd much rather learn from someone who would say, "Wouldn't it be cool if..." Then I would from someone who says, "This is how it's suppose to be done".

I also like Steve Fearson's Floating cig hook up. The object floats in a very magical manner and the working of it is very natural as far as the body movement aligning with the floating object. So I respect him for that creation.

Then there are the many unknown magicians I've seen do some amazing things with IT at various magic gatherings. Some great thinkers out there.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
JackDaniel
View Profile
Veteran user
nevada
376 Posts

Profile of JackDaniel
True Jaxon, Kevin James' Floating Rose is about as good as thread magic gets.
Jack. Smile
BobbyJ
View Profile
New user
Tucson, Az
48 Posts

Profile of BobbyJ
Is there a site where I can see a video of KJ's Floating Rose? I've heard alot about it but never saw it. BobbyJ Smile
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
Agree!
Floating rose is a great trick, the video will teach you a lot about handeling IT too.
Try this:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=18

(best price I found so far).

-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
You can also find a demo video of it at Kevin's site kjmagic.com

Look in the catalog section of the site.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Jamie Schoolcraft
View Profile
Regular user
Palmdale, CA
136 Posts

Profile of Jamie Schoolcraft
Jon LeClaire, and Kevin James.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Finn Jon literally started much of what we know about thread work. How to light it (brightly) and how to set up situations right under people's noses.

Bruno Hennig (Sp?) may have been the first to strip stockings to make the invisible stuff.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com