The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Ring off string - Mark Wilsons CCIM (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
scottds80
View Profile
Special user
Victoria, Australia
730 Posts

Profile of scottds80
Does anybody perform this version of ring off strong in their routine? How valuable is this effect to you? Do you think the method is great enough to go over laypeoples heads?
I was thinking of incorporating this ring off string as an opener for Richard Sanders Interlace. Penetrate the ring off the strong, retention palm vanish, ring appears on my shoelace.
What do you think of this combination?
"Great Scott the Magician", Gippsland
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
CCIM has at least 2 effects that are a ring off a rope/string

(Finger) Ring off rope: p262, is a good effect but I would combine it with other moves (else it may seem more like a puzzle.

V1 of Tarbell has a nice method

(Harness) Ring off rope that uses a safety pin, p464

I like this, but have rarely performed it - it takes me too long to do the work under. There are many variations in other sources
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
scottds80
View Profile
Special user
Victoria, Australia
730 Posts

Profile of scottds80
Thanks for your comment John. I'll be looking at making a routine with it.
"Great Scott the Magician", Gippsland
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Quote:
On May 14, 2014, John Long wrote:
CCIM has at least 2 effects that are a ring off a rope/string

(Harness) Ring off rope that uses a safety pin, p464

I just noticed that this is on page 484.
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
David Fillary
View Profile
Special user
662 Posts

Profile of David Fillary
I've used the CCIM method before and it works just fine with lay audiences. Get two spectators to hold the string and you've got so much additional misdirection with speaking to two people either side of you.

However, I'd get a dvd such as Gregory Wilson's Ring Leader, or the Mark Leveridge Ring and String Deluxe posted recently, as these allow you to have a multi phase routine where different phases rule out the others. It will also give you other ideas other than the retention pass for the set up.