The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Sincere Question For Thread Workers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Magic_son
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of Magic_son
My question maybe simple, but I see it as complex. I have been working with IT and IET for several years, but for the last 4 obsessively (at least that is what my wife says). I have watched Losander’s Animate Me, Jon LeClair’s Who’s Afraid of Invisible Thread, Michael Ammar’s Series, Steve Fearson’s Master Levatation, and The Amazing JoeJoe’s Web Spinner. This really isn’t that much in the grande scheme of things. Working with these I have taken notebooks full of notes of things that work and don’t work for me.

Now here comes the question… I believe that I can add some benefit especially to IET, and I am thinking about putting it in like notes on a PDF, and maybe even selling them. However…. Since I don’t buy every single DVD and all of my hook-ups/magic I learned from doing, how can I be sure that I am not reprinting something that hasn’t already been put out? Let me give an example. The Ring Slide with LeClair. His second attachment doesn’t work for me, and I am familiar with Miller’s hook-up as well. My way isn’t like either of those, but the ring slide was still LeClair’s idea. And in the end, it is still using IET to move a ring on a pencil…

I have read where many people just butcher magicians for putting out items that others have already published. I am not looking to be butchered and I am also not looking to make money on this venture. I am just looking into the thought of making something’s that are already out there better, and I don’t believe in just giving it away. That is like exposing magic on the internet, just because you’re ticked that you have to practice to do the trick you bought.
Thanks and looking for anyone’s input,
Bruce
vmendoza
View Profile
Elite user
Farmingdale. New Jersey
430 Posts

Profile of vmendoza
Get people who are more knowledgeable and whom you can trust to vet your work.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
GOOD ANSWER
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com