The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Spider Pen Pro Issue (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
NathanH
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of NathanH
Hello,

I recently purchased a new Spider Pen Pro on eBay (yes, I know, generally not a good idea but options are limited in Australia!) however I found that the motor made quite a loud high pitched whine noise when it was running (could be heard from metres away) whenever there was tension on the thread (such as pulling the thread out or simply having the thread attached to a surface). If the thread broke or the thread spool was not in place, the motor was silent and did not make the noise (I was able to test without having the spool in place as the motor turns on for a few seconds when inserting the battery, so I did so without the spool and the whine did not occur). I tried multiple branded batteries in-case the issue was caused by an under-powered battery causing the motor to become weaker when it had a load on it, however this did not resolve the issue. I contacted the seller and they said the motor should always be silent and that it may have been damaged during post, so they sent a new one which has the exact same issue! Does anyone have any idea on why this is happening?

Thank you!
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Where did the item come from (mail from)?

- what country?

- if it was a store selling on eBay, what was its name?
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
NathanH
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of NathanH
Thanks for the reply. The package came from Singapore which I must admit I was a little sceptical about, however I have done some research and while I did find information that there were unauthentic Tarantula's around, I couldn't find anything to indicate that unauthentic Spider Pens existed. The seller is not a store, however from their feedkback they have sold ~36 Spier Pen's with positive reviews, among other items. Could the item be unauthentic? It came sealed in what looked to be original packaging so if anyone has any information on this it would be greatly appreciated.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I would say that the odds are - after receiving 2 the are alike in their dysfunction, from a non-authorized "person/dealer" who has sold 36 of them - that you got a poorer copy of the original.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".