The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Levitation recommendation. .. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
sidtheclown
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of sidtheclown
Levitation. Good books, sites, articles anything. Methods, ideas etc. What couldn't you live without? As in product, method, whatever
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
Best website:

http://www.emagicsupply.com

And your first purchase should be the Web Spinner and its DVD.

It will save you a world of problems.

Andre
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Yes! Then Fearson's Master Levitation System...get three different threads. Vectra, John Haar's and Vectra X2. You should be all set! Smile Welcome to the Café, Sid!

Oh, and check out this for 10 bucks:

http://www.lybrary.com/the-invisible-thr......399.html

Doug
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Very good advice above..
Todd
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4389 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I think the best advice I ever got was Mark Mason on Penguin live. He uses the standard (very large) ITR. he has a special tip for how to go months without breaking the line. I tried it and it works wonderfully! I haven't broken a line in months.
KJ
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On 2014-01-19 20:29, 1KJ wrote:
I think the best advice I ever got was Mark Mason on Penguin live. He uses the standard (very large) ITR. he has a special tip for how to go months without breaking the line. I tried it and it works wonderfully! I haven't broken a line in months.
KJ

Wanna share the tip? Im sure one tip on keeping IT breakproof (so to speak) isn't breaking the code. Its not a secret to an effect, as compared to a maintenance action. PM if you thinkit crosses the line. Smile always looking for advise on care and feeding when it comes to IT.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
MichaelMann
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of MichaelMann
Another vote for the Web Spinner.

MM
cigam4
View Profile
New user
United States
86 Posts

Profile of cigam4
Spinnerets is not a one trick DVD. It's worth every penny. 8 different effects. All new principles. Spin webs like NEVER before. It's on it's way to Jeff McBride for review on his Monday Night Magic web TV show. It's also on it's way to the World Magic Shop for review on their weekly Wizard Product Review show, tune in.

Thank you,

Steven X
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Spinnerets are interesting. $150 for a DVD is too much. Sorry. I've done IT since Duschek's "Wunderbar" came out in the 70s. Beginners need to understand the use and performance of IT thoroughly before spending $50, let alone four times times that.

A spool of Woolly Nylon for $4-6 and The I.T. Manual (above) is all you need to start. Less than $20. Don't get sucked in by the hype. Professionals might do well with the Spinnerets. Myself, I find JoeJoe's Web Spinner the best $20 I ever spent on anything IT related.

Doug
cigam4
View Profile
New user
United States
86 Posts

Profile of cigam4
This is not your ordinary IT reel. I honestly can't think of any problem it doesn't solve. You will never have to strip thread again! I use
X-Factor X-tra strong thread. It took 4 yrs. to find the perfect thread. It's 400 ft. of thread, divided in 50 individual reels as small as your thumb nail. These can fit in any small container. Carry over 200 reels in one pocket. If the thread breaks, spin another directly under the spectator's nose. NO MORE FAKE BATHROOM BREAKS! The DVD contains many new principles and effects. Once you use them you will NEVER go back. Simplicity at your fingertips. My double handed flotation can be done on the spot without notice. No more walking around hooked to a thread, being afraid that it will break before performance. Spinnerets are great for both advanced and beginners. I designed spinnerets to make life easier and cut out the hassle of thread work. Spinnerets were designed with the thread worker in mind.
john wills
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of john wills
Cigam4,
A very interesting commercial.
But for 150 bucks I'll wait for a review.
phillipsart
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
310 Posts

Profile of phillipsart
Sounds very interesting, but I to will wait for a few reviews.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Yes, thank you Steven. $150 for the DVD and $50 for the system...uh yeah...I'll wait for reviews as well.

Doug
ItaiPinki
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of ItaiPinki
Hey guys, I have a question.
I want to perform in my act a routine which a silk is placed on the floor
and when I call it, it "flies" toward my hand.
Mesika's tarantula and spider-pen are making the silk "fly" too slow.
I didn't try Kennedy's Gimmicks (Power-reel and Hummingbird Reel), but in their videos -
the silk is flying Horizontally. and I don't know whether it'll fly the same speed Vertically.

does someone have an idea for a proper gimmick to use?
thank you very much!
Pinki
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2014, ItaiPinki wrote:

I didn't try Kennedy's Gimmicks (Power-reel and Hummingbird Reel), but in their videos -
the silk is flying Horizontally. and I don't know whether it'll fly the same speed Vertically.

either one will do exactly what you describe in any direction you set it up for.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile