The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Changing color feather rings--Great buy? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Aperazor
View Profile
Loyal user
Akron,Ohio
244 Posts

Profile of Aperazor
Tried searching on this, but there are so many ring posts I couldn't seem to find anything.
Anyway the affect is a black canvas bag with a hole in the center, three white-feathered rings, and three nicely colored silks. After removing the white-feathered rings from the bag you show the bag to be empty.
You then proceed to place a white ring in the bag and thread a red silk through the hole. Presto, you reach in a pull out a red-feathered ring. You again show the bag empty and continue with the remaining rings and silks.
At the end you then thread all three silks into the hole and proceed to pull out three more rings at once, which match the colors of the silks. Then as a climax, you throw the rings into the air and they expand out to one very large multi colored ring.
I got this at a local shop for $12.99 I think it is my best bargain in magic to date.
It is an awesome effect, uses a decent amount of time, and for a beginner, it is almost mechanical… very little practice needed.
I give this trick a 10.
I would have paid $40 and still been happy with it.
Very nice quality as well
Anyway hope this is not a repost and I do need to get my post count up.
Thanks for letting me spout off.
Nick Zender-Akron, Ohio
silverfire9
View Profile
Veteran user
Rochester Hills, MI
323 Posts

Profile of silverfire9
That sounds like it has the potential to be a very beautiful effect. Do you remember the manufacturer, etc.? I might be interested in seeing if my local magic shop can get it in. Smile

What sort of reaction do you get with it? Also, what exactly are "feathered rings"? I'm envisioning either rings with feathers attached or rings made out of feathers, but I'm not sure I have the right picture in mind.

Thanks for sharing this with us, Nick.
Aperazor
View Profile
Loyal user
Akron,Ohio
244 Posts

Profile of Aperazor
I found a link with a small animation here:
Color Change Feather Rings

$14.40 - It's well worth that!

I have not tried it yet but may give it shot tomorrow at my daughters school Xmas party.
I was really impressed with it. The colors are more to my liking than the usual dull red silks.
Theses are bright with a red, deep purple, and bright yellow.
I was totally impressed with just the color change but when you toss the last three rings up and it expands, it was quite a treat.
The bag is very nicely made too. I only played with it for a short bit last night in front of the mirror, and could make it look pretty convincingly empty.
Hope this helps. If I can provide any additional info, please ask.
Thanks for the reply.
Nick
Jim Tighe
View Profile
Veteran user
West Virginia
363 Posts

Profile of Jim Tighe
I've seen this on a David Ginn Video (Probably Magic They Love to See.) The bag just looked like a brown garbage bag and a bit bulky. Is the bag in the commercial version better looking?