The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Broken/restored rubber band? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Chintamani
View Profile
New user
UK
39 Posts

Profile of Chintamani
Where can I find a good broken/restored rubber band effect? I currently do CMC which is about the only rubber bad effect I use at present. Which is the best book/video on rubber bands in your opinion?

Many thanks in advance.
Nae Blis
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Nae Blis
Check out Dan Harlan's "Bandshark" Video. He has a nice presentation and takes it a few steps further. There are also some other great tricks on there. Well worth the money.

-Wade
It takes a big man to cry...... but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
You should definately check out Michael Ammar's book. "The Magic of Michael Ammar" he has some great rubberband tricks. Smile
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
DITTO on Coolmoney84's comment. Michael Ammar's Ice Breakers video also has broken and restored rubberband as well as magic with everyday objects.
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4701 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
In Richard's Almanac (Autumn 1985)I put out a cut and restored rubberband routine called Elastically Yours. - Michael Rubinstein
Special sale! FREE magician T shirt (a $25 value, only L or XL - see link) while supplies last with each purchase of MIGRATE ($35 ppd USA) Magnetic Coins ($40 ppd USA) or Conviction Prediction ($45 ppd
https://youtube.com/shorts/GbIwPoZ8qy4?si=eqxR6X6XGynLf3ET
inquire for ordering information here or to rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Geoff Williams
View Profile
Special user
St. Pete Beach, FL
617 Posts

Profile of Geoff Williams
Obviously, Harry Lorayne's "Snap!" is a great place to start. I believe it's the one Ammar uses.

Michael Weber has a variant of this in his book "Life Savers." Highly recommended.
"Saját légpárnás tele van angolnák."

(Hungarian for "My hovercraft is full of eels")
Chintamani
View Profile
New user
UK
39 Posts

Profile of Chintamani
Thank you all...I shall check them out.
J_C
View Profile
New user
Manchester, UK
59 Posts

Profile of J_C
Geoff, on Ammars video Classic Renditions Volume 2 he says that he used to perform an effect called "Snapped" but he didn't get the best reaction at the end because people thought he had snapped a band and then switched it. Ammar modified the restoration so it was more open and not as suspicious.
Just thought I would mention it.

I agree with CoolMoney84, get 'The Magic of Michael Ammar'. As well as the rubber band effects, it has fantastic routines which I use all the time.
John
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of John
I just want to ditto that "Snapped" by Harry Loraine is effective. I prep it on the downbeat while people are reacting to the crazy man's handcuffs. I bring the rubber band up all set and then bring it to my mouth to "bite through it" and have the sound as the "convincer."
BillParky
View Profile
Regular user
Atherton,Manchester,U.K.
123 Posts

Profile of BillParky
Dan Harlan has not only done 'Bandshark' but also a further three volume set of videos called 'Magic with Rubber Bands'. You wouldn't think you could fill four vids with rubber band magic but Dan does it - and brilliantly.

Bill Smile
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
Definitely check out the abovementioned Harlan handling on "Bandshark"--in his you actually show the ends tied around each other and then restore it (it might not read well in my brief 4:40 am description, but it looks awesome).

If anybody is going to be at The Phoenix Gathering or SAM (I won't officially be at SAM, but I'm planning to stop by for one day either to hang out in the lobby or, if I can get a day pass, to attend for an afternoon), ask me about my "Really Ripped"...
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!