The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Looking for fake fish (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Steveblackwell
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of Steveblackwell
Can anyone direct me to where I can find the Best fake fish? Goldfish preferably.
Thanks.
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1157 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
"Best" depends to some extent on how they'll be used ... ?
Vanished Zauberer
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
147 Posts

Profile of Vanished Zauberer
Hahah, you should by one of those singing fish trophies! I'm not sure if it would work for your effect but it would be great if it did. You could rip it off the plaque some how I'm sure. Talk to you later!
"Stress is when you wake up screaming and you you realize you haven't even fallen asleep"

MagicTy
www.magicty.iwarp.com
Rick
View Profile
Elite user
Va.
452 Posts

Profile of Rick
Being a fisherman, I would look in the fishing supplies at any tackle store,I'm sure you'll find a goldfish there. Good luck. Rick
Jordan Piper
View Profile
Veteran user
British Columbia, Canada
309 Posts

Profile of Jordan Piper
If you're going to do an illusion where you swallow or spit out the goldfish, I have read about people using small carrots that have been cut in the shape of a goldfish.
skc417
View Profile
Loyal user
australia
226 Posts

Profile of skc417
Yeah, didn't Mac King do that carrot thing on a magic special?? It does look pretty real when it's wet and you 'animate' the fish.
jezza
View Profile
Elite user
469 Posts

Profile of jezza
The guy on an old candid camera (hidden camera) show walked into a shop and pretended to eat a fish from a tank, and it was carrot and was hilarious.)
Steveblackwell
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of Steveblackwell
Quote:
On 2003-11-30 18:23, cheesewrestler wrote:
"Best" depends to some extent on how they'll be used ... ?

I'd like it to remain in the water looking like a real fish so I don't need to worry about water temperature, feeding, cleaning, shots, fishy toys, or obedience training.

I've looked into fisherman supplies, but was hoping some magic shop might have a special fake that is made to fool humans.
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1157 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
Quote:
On 2003-12-01 15:16, Steveblackwell wrote:
I'd like it to remain in the water looking like a real fish ...
I've looked into fisherman supplies ...

Have you had a look at the "Charlie", by MegaBait? Looks pretty real in photographs.
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Have you considered using a real fish? Could be quite funny.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Shenaniganz
View Profile
New user
Cypress, CA
100 Posts

Profile of Shenaniganz
Use a real goldfish. They only cost 25 cents at most pet shops, and you can give them away when you’re done.

If for some reason you cant use a real one, here’s a link:

Squirt Goldfish, Carp, and Salmon
limkris
View Profile
Regular user
Belgium
166 Posts

Profile of limkris
For catching 'real' goldfish in the air with a fishing rod and thread, Billy Mc Comb has some touches for the fake fish. If I am correct it's in '25 Years Wiser', but I'm not sure. The gimmick is made out of 2 layers of textile. This allows for some air to come between the two layers and give some more volume to the fish when swung into the air. There are some other tips in the same book as well.
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
The fishing department in any sporting good store would have many different types of plastic fish and they look very realistic now days.
Daniel Faith