The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Need help identifying paddle effect (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Wimpy
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Wimpy
I recently came across a paddle trick (how it became part of my magic "junk drawer", I have no idea) and it has been intriguing me for several weeks. The paddle is blank on one side and on the other has a yellow spot at the top,a red spot in the middle, and a green spot at the bottom. Also included with the effect are three sleeves. One has a red spot on it,one has a yellow spot, and one has three spots to match the three colors on the paddle.
I used to own a paddle effect called the Meteor Paddle with a similar theme but the dots were all one color...driving myself a bit insane trying to figure out the routining of what looks like a fun little paddle trick...anyone familiar with it???
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Look at http://www.porperoriginals.com and click on "paddles" you might see it.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Wimpy
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Wimpy
Thanks Pete...I took a peek at the pwebsite and did not find the type of paddle I'm refering to. I'll keep searching. I'm bound to find info somewhere.
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
It's called Traffic Lite. I believe Rick Herald and Bob Kohler manufactured it over 30 years ago.

The effect is that the colored spots jump one at a time from the collars to the blank paddle. Then, all three colored dots jump off the paddle and assemble onto one collar.
Randy
View Profile
Loyal user
Rochester, NY
261 Posts

Profile of Randy
This is Ian Adair's Paddle Waggle. It was marketed but also appears in his book which I believe was named Paddle-Antics.

The Meteor Paddle was a knock off off Paddle Waggle. I know this because I showed Paddle Waggle to Brian shortly before he came out with the Meteor Paddle.
The Buffalo Get-Together - A Close-Up Magic Convention
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
So, it appears that Paddle Waggle and Traffic Lite produce the same effect. I wonder which came first?
mellanp
View Profile
New user
Scranton, Pa.
59 Posts

Profile of mellanp
Al Cohen was demonstrating "Paddle Waggle" in the 1980's!