The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Ring and string demo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Magick Balay does a great routine. My FAVORITE part is at 1:08 into the demo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMM1ha4nrDs
Mule Henderson
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of Mule Henderson
Zombie, I definitely like that routine but, you might find the " World Greatest Magic" series on the ring and rope more useful. Try looking up Dan Fleishman's version.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I've been doing ring and string since the 1960's. I just thought Café members would enjoy Magik's performance of a gaff trick. It's been around for quite awhile. Fantasma's version has a pattern on the lace that masks the gaff usage.
Mule Henderson
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of Mule Henderson
Yeah, it's an awesome routine and he keeps a good pace along with the added feature of the pattern on the string to make a totally deceptive effect.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Tipped it to me with those comments, I thought it was pure. Then again, why would a demonstrator do the straight version.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Yea zombie I love this effect.and still used it today.magick is so fun to watch.hes very good and comical.
todd
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2543 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
That was an EXCELLENT dealer dem of a pretty standard gaff - that many would turn their noses up at in favour of the latest one-trick DVD.
Barry Allen

Over 15 years have now passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
swayne100
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of swayne100
If I remember correctly, its a bit on the expensive side for what it is...
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
My new dvd has a ring and string (or rope) segment.
using the ring and spring
http://ringnspring.blogspot.com/
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
patrick1515
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of patrick1515
Fantasma's release of an old U.F. Grant item called Swing-a-ring.
What's old is new again.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6145 Posts

Profile of motown
Quote:
On 2012-11-16 15:34, swayne100 wrote:
If I remember correctly, its a bit on the expensive side for what it is...
I picked one up on Amazon for a really great price a few years ago.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
vmendoza
View Profile
Elite user
Farmingdale. New Jersey
430 Posts

Profile of vmendoza
This is my work on Ring On String using just the middle of the string to go on and off the rope for real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzjT8Y4VxZs
Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
Looks great vmendoza nice work.
'What the eye's see the heart must believe"
JH5magic
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of JH5magic
Yes, vmendoza... thank you for sharing your performance.
I also enjoyed the Magick Balay presentation at the start of the thread. I actually purchased that ring & shoelace effect at a 5-below store near me and haven't played with it yet, but inspired me to dig it out of the drawer.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17425 Posts

Profile of joseph
Nice routine Vinny..
Looks like fun to play around with. ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
vmendoza
View Profile
Elite user
Farmingdale. New Jersey
430 Posts

Profile of vmendoza
Thanks fellas... I've gotten a couple of emails asking if it's gimmicked? No. It's all done with sleights and the ring really goes on the string. I usually have the spectator tug on it a couple of times to allay any suspicion.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6145 Posts

Profile of motown
Very nice!
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I used to demonstrate at magic conventions for Bob Little and this was ALWAYS one of my favorites to demo! He did a great job!
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2509 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Wow, I also do like the Balay demo at the beginning..confused, though, as it seems Fantasma has 3 different products for this effect, so not clear which this is, ring-scape, ring escape (20.00 version), ring escape with magic balay (32.00 version)???
Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
Sorry I forgot to mention the first post ,Magick Balay demo's the trick great,nice bits of biz going on .
I bet he sells tuns of them.
'What the eye's see the heart must believe"