The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Tricks with iphone (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Chris Westfall
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto, Canada
252 Posts

Profile of Chris Westfall
Wasnt sure if a phone is considered a "thing" these days!?!?!!?

I recently got an iphone and love the idea of a 1 or 2 things that can be done with it..... hate to mention it but there are a lot of things that I hate as well!

My 2 favorite things to do with the phone right now is an app called "card2phone" which allows you to put many objects into the screen of the phone have it bounce around and take the physical object out of the phone. another is something that you can make on your own called "little black arrow" by rich aviles. where an arrow points at your command then enters the deck of cards and ends up on a selection where it is then changed to a second selection.

So now that you know what kind of stuff I'm looking for, practical magic, that is magical and that people don't just say "oh ya... that's a cool app!" (because I cant do what a calculator does but I don't find it to magical if you catch my drift!)

thnaks
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Chris Kenner's rising card.... actually I have no interest in even having an iPhone.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
The two cleverest apps I've come across so far are Angelo Carbone's and the one from Theory11 called iPredict+, with the former being my favorite of the two. It's got more layers of deception in my opinion, plus the spectator thinks of two things instead of just one (i.e., they think of a card and a color, not just a card as in iPredict+).
It's all in the reflexes.
Nico26
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
8 Posts

Profile of Nico26
Really hard to beat Carl Andrews NFW iPhone trick. It is a great item to have on your phone.
Michael J
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
334 Posts

Profile of Michael J
I agree with Illucifer. I've recently got Angelo Carbone's SMS. Very,very clever and packs a punch IMHO

All the best

Michael
Hugh Entwistle
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of Hugh Entwistle
Iforce by greg rostami, predict coins, favourite foods, coin tosses, favourite colours .etc. very clean.
If you do get it, I would recommend the home screen version (you'll understand what I mean when you get it.)
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1453 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
Quote:
On 2012-08-08 06:01, Hugh Entwistle wrote:
Iforce by greg rostami, predict coins, favourite foods, coin tosses, favourite colours .etc. very clean.
If you do get it, I would recommend the home screen version (you'll understand what I mean when you get it.)

I have Iforce and it is a powerful app. There is a section where you can program your own prediction. Great stuff. I downloaded my version for Android.

Ray
Mentalism in Ontario.
Hugh Entwistle
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Ray, I'd be interested as to what your reasoning for writing your prediction on the iphone?
I do an ungimmicked prediction, (I hand them my ipod and I force a celebrity's name with my note app. That's my justification "I always carry a list of my favourite celebrities." This means I am left with a very clean prediction, they hand me the ipod back -(do the dirty work) and when they ask for another thing, perform any IForce trick.
Hugh Entwistle
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

There is also a pretty good mentalism effect that you can do with the calculator on the iphone (no app).
You open calculator and ask for 3 two digit numbers. You multiply them together and the product of the three numbers matches the prdiction that the spectator had been holding. You'll find the method for this in "This is Mentalism" by Rich Ferguson (vol 1)
Can be done with a borrowed iphone/ipad/ipod touch and most smartphones
AndyLuka
View Profile
Elite user
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
440 Posts

Profile of AndyLuka
On Homer Liwag's Rice papers DVD he has an effect that causes a giant contact lens appear in your hand. Its a great quick little effect. However I don't always have the contact on me, so I have used my iPhone. something like this.

"aww man, you guys wear contatcts, mine are diving me crazy"

"They work great but looke like my EYE PHONE" (iPhone appears in your hand)

man I love corny jokes.
Making Magic and Fantasy a reality in a world where our reality can sometimes be rather cruel

Http://www.lukamagic.com -That's Me

Http://www.deceptionsmke -My Show
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10974 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
http://youtu.be/o4h9rOuu0II
chek this out by Danny garcia and it is free
vinny
Come check out my magic.