The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Ring magic and manipulation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
ryoma4148
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of ryoma4148
Hello everyone,
I lurk here from time to time, learnt a lot from this, especially about invisible thread a while ago Smile

I'm mostly a cardist/flourisher, but I love playing with rings, and I've just made a compilation video of my ring sleights and flourishes : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nPgsoNHhRU

As a flourisher I fear the kind of video edit may not be very fitting to your tastes but I hope you ring magicians will enjoy the moves regardless of it, as I think De'ring was pretty well received here in the past. Smile
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
That's some great magic ryoma.
do you work with coins too?
todd
Deadsets
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Deadsets
Cool
Blayk P
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Blayk P
That is amazing! Where did you learn that?
ryoma4148
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of ryoma4148
Thanks, I'm glad you like it Smile

bowers : no, I don't do much stuff with coins... learnt a few sleights (retention pass, french drop... basically silver dream by Justin Miller lol) and can do a coin roll but that's it ^^

Blayk : I created those myself ^^ some are inspired by classical magic (yeir medid finger vanish, the ring thing (love the effect, but wanted a "no cheat" version)), some are the result of technical challenges I wondered about (like the one handed ring switch (ring in palm and ring on finger switching places) or the "quantum ring on" (ring on under another ring))...

and I also noticed it was common to perform coin magic with rings, using the same sleights, and I didn't really like it, so I thought a lot about particularities of a finger ring to develop sleights that take advantage of them (and thus aren't moves you can do with coins)... this is how most of the color changes were born Smile
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1684 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Wow, you have a lot of time in your hands !!!

Impressive...
MuleePete
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of MuleePete
I am sencing an opprtunity for an instructionaly DVD here.

Very nice to watch.

Pete
ryoma4148
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of ryoma4148
Heh, thanks Smile
If there's demand for it I'm not against teaching those ^^
Yano
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of Yano
Nice ideas and variations on De'ring, really inspired me.
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1453 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
WOW! Great stuff Ryoma. You`ve definitely paid your dues (practice) with this one.

Ray
Mentalism in Ontario.
ryoma4148
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of ryoma4148
Thanks a lot Smile
Hugh Entwistle
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of Hugh Entwistle
I really like how you applied DeRIng to using two rings, that's some skill you've got there!
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Pretty amazing stuff there, ryoma!

Thank you.

Jim
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
793 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Congratulations Man, really excellent !!!
let us know if you let out some of those moves..
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10974 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Thart is the best I have ever seen
congrats please put out a dvd
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Motley Mage
View Profile
Special user
572 Posts

Profile of Motley Mage
Thoma-Could you set your Youtube permissions to allow mobile viewing? I do much of my Café's viewing from my phone.
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
Hmmm,...I get "cannot load movie" on my IPad. Is it still out there?
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
ryoma4148
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of ryoma4148
Thank you very much everyone, I'll let you know when there is more information about this Smile

And thanks for bringing into attention that problem about iPad and other mobile devices... it's weird as it used to work well... I had to change the BGM to use one of their own tracks... Smile
clips are not well-timed with the bgm anymore but the important part is the moves anyway, so please try again it should be working now
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
I can see it now on my IPad and it was well worth the wait. Beautifully done!

I would like to see a DVD. Shouldn't be hard to find a producer on the strength of that performance.

Also, you kept the attention on your hands without having your face in the camera. That says much about your humility...not what you would expect from someone doling flourishes.

Best of luck!

Andre
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
ryoma4148
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of ryoma4148
Thank you very much, glad you felt it was worth the trouble, and glad it's working again on mobile devices Smile

(although to be honest about the face thing I'm not sure this can tell anything about humility as sadly we've seen counter-examples of this in the "xcm world"... ^^; )