The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Cigarette magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
KellyCurtis
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of KellyCurtis
I'm looking for material outside what is on YOUTUBE...Im looking for real material on cig magic. can anyone give me heads up on old books on this subject? This is not a dead trick. I want to keep an old one alive.
"True success and satisfaction go only to those who really comprhend the underlying principles of why a trick succeeds or fails."-Greer Marechal
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1610 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
Tom Mullica's 3-DVD set "Expert Cigarette Magic Made Easy" would be a good place to start.

Mike
KellyCurtis
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of KellyCurtis
Mullica is my inspiration to continue cig magic. I had no idea he had video on cig magic. All I could usally find is tom foolery stuff. I will look further. Thanx for the advice.

still if there are books I would like to know
"True success and satisfaction go only to those who really comprhend the underlying principles of why a trick succeeds or fails."-Greer Marechal
jmagic
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of jmagic
The best book to get would be Encyclopedia of Cigatette Tricks. by Keith Clark.
The book has 304 pages and covers most everything you want to know.
jmagic
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of jmagic
Another small book is Producing Lighted Cigarettes by Loyd. 21 pages published by Kanter. Also Tarbell has lots of cigarette magic.
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Greater Magic also has a section on cigarette magic, as does most of the Slydini material available.

I do not smoke, and therefore, do not perform cigarette magic with cigarettes. Instead, I use small pencils, rolled up paper money and other things of a similar size and shape with which you can do the same effects and routines.
MuleePete
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of MuleePete
Expert Cigarette Magic, by D. Deveen. Found on the Learned Pig site for one place.

I adapt cigarette magic to the CCK.

Pete
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2545 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Another thumbs-up for Dev Deveen's excellent booklet. It may have been produced in the 1940's BUT the magic within is still as fresh as a daisy. I've seen a copy for sale only recently on Ebay for peanuts.

The Edward Victor series 'Magic of the hands' (more magic of the hands, further magic of the hands, etc.) also cover some little known cig. sleights.

There is also a 'Ganson Teach-In' that covers Mark Weston's cigarette routine (and some other excellent cigarette ideas). Again, I've seen this booklet on Ebay occasionally and it's well worth checking out.
Barry Allen

Over 15 years have now passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
Bluesman
View Profile
Special user
Florida
567 Posts

Profile of Bluesman
Tarbell Course In Magic, has some nice cigarettes magic in them.

Greg
Mr. X
View Profile
Elite user
U.K.
440 Posts

Profile of Mr. X
Willane's Complete Methods For Miracles.

Marlo in the Linking Ring or try Arcade Dreams.

Although the above mentioned books are also great, Cigarette Magic by Deveen and Producing Lighted Cigarettes by Loyd, none comes close to the wealth of material found in Keith Clarks book.
So much to do. So little time.
bblumen
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore
987 Posts

Profile of bblumen
Mr. X...

There are no cigarette effects in Arcade Dreams.

Brian
"Lulling the minds of your company is more important than dazzling their eyes." Ed Marlo
Mr. X
View Profile
Elite user
U.K.
440 Posts

Profile of Mr. X
There is.
Mr. X
View Profile
Elite user
U.K.
440 Posts

Profile of Mr. X
But you're right, thought there were more cig items from Linking ring in there...not the best resource, granted....but you are wrong Brian.
Mr. X
View Profile
Elite user
U.K.
440 Posts

Profile of Mr. X
It's part of my cig routine. So in my case it counts.
bblumen
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore
987 Posts

Profile of bblumen
Quote:
On 2011-11-02 20:51, Mr. X wrote:

But you're right, thought there were more cig items from Linking ring in there...not the best resource, granted....but you are wrong Brian.

Other than the incidental use of a cigarette to light flash paper in the effect Diminishing Golf Ball, pp. 95-96, please cite another use of cigarettes in this volume.

Brian
"Lulling the minds of your company is more important than dazzling their eyes." Ed Marlo
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6146 Posts

Profile of motown
No smoking by Jean Luc Bertrand is a cool routine with lighters.

Cigarette thru coat.

David Stone's "Quit Smoking"

Steve Fearsons Floating Cigarette, it's on his dvd and in a set of lecture notes.

Slydidni's torn and restored cigarette
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xnid-Tt9ySs&feature=related
http://www.lybrary.com/slydinis-cigarette-magic-p-2206.html
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6146 Posts

Profile of motown
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Mr. X
View Profile
Elite user
U.K.
440 Posts

Profile of Mr. X
Quote:
On 2011-11-03 15:33, bblumen wrote:
Quote:

Other than the incidental use of a cigarette to light flash paper in the effect Diminishing Golf Ball, pp. 95-96, please cite another use of cigarettes in this volume.

Brian

Get a life mate.
bblumen
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore
987 Posts

Profile of bblumen
Quote:
On 2011-11-04 04:47, Mr. X wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-11-03 15:33, bblumen wrote:
Quote:

Brian

Get a life mate.

You tell me that I am wrong and when I challenge you to prove it, you tell me to get a life?

While searching for that life, I had time to research Marlo's contributions to The Linking Ring.

From January 1955 through February 1981, Marlo had THREE effects using cigarettes...

Page numbers cited are from the Randy Wakeman bound version:

Diminishing Golf Ball pp. 25-26
Cigarettes-Cigars-Pipe pp. 28-31
Cups and Balls pp. 167-172

Twenty six years of contributions, and only three uses of cigarettes.

Methinks perhaps you need to know your references a bit better.

Brian
Mr. X
View Profile
Elite user
U.K.
440 Posts

Profile of Mr. X
Thanks for proving me correct on both counts you deluded little man.