The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Michael Ammar Ring on Band (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Owen Thomas
View Profile
Special user
504 Posts

Profile of Owen Thomas
So I'm learning this effect and its looking good but.... when doing the "setup" would the spectator be looking at what your doing?

Ive tried to look for a video online of someone performing it but could not find one.

Please help
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Which Ring On Band are you referring to? I have seen him do a couple of different things that would qualify for that title.

Is it the one where you show the band stretched between your little fingers, show the ring and drop it onto the band? Let me know or send me a PM and I will be able and glad to help you further.
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
881 Posts

Profile of boydy
If you are referring to the Kulush? grip effect that is in his big book then I think you'll have to distract the specs getting into the grip.
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Quote:
On 2011-08-16 13:50, boydy wrote:
If you are referring to the Kulush? grip effect that is in his big book then I think you'll have to distract the specs getting into the grip.

Ditto. There are many effects out there like that. In this particular effect (either Kulush or the one mention in the original post), if you bring your hands together and bend both wrists in toward yourself, as you talk, you should have more than enough cover and misdirection for setting up.
Owen Thomas
View Profile
Special user
504 Posts

Profile of Owen Thomas
Yes its the Kulush I'm learning, I like the idea of bending your wrist inward , I will have to try that. thanks