The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Looking for references for tied ring and rope routines (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
brody
View Profile
Inner circle
Omaha
1313 Posts

Profile of brody
Am able to find ring and rope material galore, but am unable to figure out which book/dvd/etc has routines for a larger ring and where the rope(s) are tied into a circle. Mel Mellers' ring/rope routine has started me down this path.

Any info will be appreciated.
magic.mind
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of magic.mind
Aldo Colombini has lovely ideas in that area.
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
As magic.mind said, Aldo is a great place to start. Also look to performers like R.C. Collier, Jahn Gallo (NOT John Gallo), Ronald Dayton, Francis Tabary and Eric DeCamps. They all have excellent material and you should be able to find plenty of what you are looking for. Most, if not all of their material can be used with any size/shape of ring.
philip tilston
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of philip tilston
I recall seeing Jahn Gallo at a lecture several years ago and he included his ring and rope routine in the lecture. It was too long for my taste but I am sure that his dvd will give you lots of information. If his routine is too long then you will be able to cut out some phases easily. I agree that Aldo's routine is a good starting place.
philip tilston
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of philip tilston
Maek Leveridge also has a routine. You can see him perform the routine on his website. http://www.markleveridgemagic.co.uk/rcp.php
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Yes, the Jahn Gallo ring and rope routine was designed for a full 12 minute performance using only those two items. The best part about it though, as philip tilston pointed out, is that like many routined effects out there, you can mix and match the parts and phases as you wish in order to fit your needs and your own routine.
brody
View Profile
Inner circle
Omaha
1313 Posts

Profile of brody
Thanks everybody. Now to empty my wallet and fill my head.
Bill Wood
View Profile
New user
Nova Scotia
98 Posts

Profile of Bill Wood
Tarbell has a great move where the ring is shown on the rope, the rope is tied into a loop, the whole shebang is shown fairly to be linked, then, as quick as magic, the ring is free of the rope which is still tied into a loop. I think it's Tarbell 3 or 4.

Bill