The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Holy Crap.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
TheAmazingLuke
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingLuke
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
I am saddened that ratings were disabled for that video.
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
I don't get it. Whats up with that video? It's just an average rings routine.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Maybe its because her outfit looks like it came from the costume room of the TV series Star Trek?

Posted: Jul 3, 2011 9:12am
-------------------------------------
This is a very clever and entertaining presentation of the rings, in my opinion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2m2phoSsW0&NR=1
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Why is it titled "Holy Crap"? Is it that you do not get out much?
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1226 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
Quote:
On 2011-07-03 11:37, Spellbinder wrote:
Why is it titled "Holy Crap"? Is it that you do not get out much?

I was wondering the same thing. He has obviously not seen Whit Haydn's routine.
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
His brain is gonna explode if he sees Tina Lenert's then.
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1626 Posts

Profile of JNeal
I know my brain exploded when I saw Tina's Rings. LOL!

JNeal
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Full Effect Steve
View Profile
New user
NJ
82 Posts

Profile of Full Effect Steve
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Quote:
On 2011-07-04 11:45, JNeal wrote:
I know my brain exploded when I saw Tina's Rings. LOL!

lol... many did but maybe not for the expected reasons!

I actually thought the whole thread (although posted in the wrong area) was about how funny and pretentious the routine was but maybe I was wrong.
Ray Pierce
TheAmazingLuke
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

I just thought it was very interesting... a presentation that was quite different. It is quite sad what this forum has come to be....
Luke Mouton
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
You should have expressed yourself better, the forum is great.
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Tina's a true example on how female magicians are supposed to look and act like. Delicate and mystifying. Nothing against Sue-Anne, though. She's a very good performer, that linking rings video being an exception.
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1226 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
Dahih Beik is right. Nobody knew where you were coming from on this. A: The only thing posted was a link to a video. B: The title of your post was, "Holy Crap...." You put absolutely no details in your post. If you wanted us to read your mind on where you were coming from you should have wrote this in the mentalism section...lol

As far as you thinking that this forum has become "sad":
Nobody was busting your chops or being negative at all, we were just trying to figure out what you were trying to convey. Even the wise Ray Pierce didn't know.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Agreed, the forum is good. Stop sulking, Luke.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
TheAmazingLuke
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Ok....this forum can be good....but It also can't be a good thing....it can be very negative indeed........I get comments like "As a performer/magician you should have a little bit thicker skin than that and not act like a 14 year old boy with a bruised ego." from adults.............yes, I am fourteen William.......And for that I get shunned for not being specific? I admit I titled the forum "Holy Crap" And obviously that wasn't specific.....but you say that you weren't being rude at all? Well........you could have just asked me......"What do you mean by that Luke?" But instead......from my fellow magicians I get comments like...."Why is this in "Grand Illusions"? And why is it titled "Holy Crap"? Is it that you do not get out much?"....and "Agreed, the forum is good. Stop sulking, Luke. " And by the way........I'm not acting like a fourteen year old boy with a bruised ego...I am just acting like a fourteen year old boy who was openly and deliberately mocked by my fellow magicians who I look up to.

Hope Everyone had a safe and fun fourth of July,

Luke Mouton
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1226 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
My sincerest apologies, you are correct I was way out of line. Admittedly I started my 4th of july celebrations a bit too early and when I get a few in me I really like smack talking. Its like its own sport in the Army. Thank you for putting me in my place, and I hope you have a great 4th of July.
TheAmazingLuke
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Thanks William, I really Appreciate, and thank you for helping keep our country safe!
Thanks,
Luke Mouton
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Lol... it's like when someone you don't know says "Can you believe that?" and you don't know whether they think it's bad or good!

Luke, I will say that this is like a club where friends hang out and frequently bust each others chops for fun. Yes, it is sometimes done out of bitterness and jealousy. Other times, negative things are said as some people look for higher qualities than others and you're hearing inside conversations among people that want to reach past a more mainstream standard. This is a place where many different standards, abilities and sensibilities all talk at the same time. Yes, It's hard to gauge at times but it also yields some great thoughts amidst the other comments.

Cast off the bad, learn from the good and laugh at everything Smile
Ray Pierce
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5451 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I agree with Luke, Holy Smokes (in my case an expletive of surprisingly pleased)! Sue-Anne’s routine was flawless! I saw no problem with her costume and didn’t feel as if it took anything away from the routine. Shows what a creative mind can do with a three ring routine using pretty standard moves. Perhaps her presentation was “pretentious” to some. It was just entertaining to me.

Likewise I loved Tina Lenart’s routine. Mind blowing brilliant! She took the very, very old Serpentine silk, Silk through…, and ring off moves and melded them into a brilliant piece of magic which was a great lead in for her two ring routine. It was wonderful to watch. I actually watched it twice and it brought back memories of when I actually saw her do this act live.

I don’t know how women are “supposed” to look and act in magic any more than I know how men are supposed to look and act. It is always the exception (and exceptional) who gets noticed and starts the next trend of copy cats.

I’m sorry, I just couldn’t watch Paul Draper’s routine to the end the first time around. Nothing was happening and I actually clicked off the video. I finally forced myself to watch the video to the end. It was a slow moving two ring routine that showed no energy. I like Paul’s work in general but this particular routine left me cold. That just goes to show that it’s “horses for courses” and that’s what I love about magic. There is something for everyone to like and to find entertaining.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!