The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Dice Effects (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
881 Posts

Profile of boydy
OK so I have Sol Stones routine and Double Whammy by John kennedy, what other cool effects are there with dice apart from chink a chink type tricks.

Is there a "Hopping Dice" or shell dice?
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
"Its the Rules" by Bob Sheets and "Ivory Connection" by Steve Dobson are two great effects.

I like the ending of "Ivory Connection."

John
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
I like James Lewis' version of the Dr. Sack dice routine and Vernon's Ending to a Dice Routine in The Vernon Book of Magic.
Ricardo Delgado
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of Ricardo Delgado
I think Dice Illusion is a great effect.
I've seen it performed by Lu Chien and a guy whose name I don't know, but works as a dealer with Ponta the Smith, at the French Drop Store.
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Was'nt Ivory Conncetion introduced/created by Reed McClintock? Anyways, I do a slightly revised and reduced Dr. Sacks routine. It's The Rules is a great routine also as already mentioned. There is stacking, you could do some research on that! Good luck with it all.

Glen
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5485 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
I really like "Heathin'," by Max Abrams, from Sperber's Miracles of My Friends. Not regular dice, so you will probably need to have a set made for you, but worth the effort, IMO.
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Quote:
On 2011-06-27 16:13, GlenD wrote:
Was'nt Ivory Conncetion introduced/created by Reed McClintock?
Glen

No, it was put out in lecture notes by Steve Dobson years before the VHS/DVD came out.

Reed and Steve collaborated later, and Reed added some important bits to the handling (and a different method for the ending). I just wanted to make sure that Steve gets his credit where it is due.

RevJohn
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Alright thanks, guess I learned something! Very cool. I love stuff like this though, where you have something else to work with besides coins and cards. The dice routines are good to learn and the dice themselves are a nice item to carry and use.

Glen
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
881 Posts

Profile of boydy
I have bought blank ivory dice so will be able to make up my own dice on the Mill at work.
houdini
View Profile
Loyal user
N.E. Kansas
203 Posts

Profile of houdini
Aldo Colombini has 2 DVDs called CARD AND DICE DECEPTIONS VOL.1/VOL2. I have both of these dvds, and they have some excellent routines with ungaffed dice and ungaffed decks of cards. Check them out. I think you will like them.
Jim. Thats me on the left,Everyone should know the other guy!
jimvines
View Profile
Regular user
Brooklyn, NY
161 Posts

Profile of jimvines
Hey, Boydy.

Here are 598 dice effects / props /ideas to check out:

http://lotabowl.com/search-remote.php?product=dice

Good luck!

-jim
Magic & Mentalism