The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Shoot's Ninja Rings (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
ade
View Profile
New user
Singapore
85 Posts

Profile of ade
Does anyone know where to get Ninja Rings that Shoot Ogawa used to carry? Now Shoot's rings are the Fantasma ones, but nowhere near the quality of the past ones... I haven't found any that seem to match. Matthew Garrett's ones are just a little too thin for me. Anyone knows?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
They are sold out, no announcement as to future plans. Shoot has them on his web site as sold out, but has not removed the listing in over a year, so we can only hope one day.

http://www.holyshoot.com/magicshop3.htm
ade
View Profile
New user
Singapore
85 Posts

Profile of ade
Sigh Smile I was hoping that there might be somewhere with stock left! I know the last I spoke to Shoot that the factory for chroming the rings closed, so he doesn't know if he will carry it again. But just hoping that someone might know any shop which still has leftovers!
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1122 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
They pop up for sale here at the forum once in a while, but I doubt you'll find any shops that have sets available.

I purchased a few sets of each (gold and silver) back in the day since I figured that they weren't going to be available forever. This is usually the case for quality magic apparatus. By the way, if one has a few minutes, I'd recommend heading over to James Riser's website to see how much time, energy, and money is required to construct a quality prop. He has a step-by-step analysis of constructing a set of linking rings (in this case Martin Lewis' McAbee Rings).
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3091 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I am at IMX now, Shoot has many sets of the Gold rings available with him (no silver) I assume they can be purchased at his Web site as well
ade
View Profile
New user
Singapore
85 Posts

Profile of ade
@ Xcath1: It still shows up as sold out on his site though. I guess I'll try PM-ing him.

@ MJ Marrs: I realised my mistake of not buying one more set (at least). I was still a student when I bought the first set and by the time I realised, no more stock!

Posted: May 25, 2011 6:24am
Thanks to Bill, I found the Ninja Rings still available at Hank Lee! You won't believe how happy I am!

If you're still looking for it, grab them before they're gone!
BobMc
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
151 Posts

Profile of BobMc
I hope I am wrong about this, but in my experiences with them their website does not really reflect what they have in stock. Every other online magic store I have used seems to be able to pull that off relatively well. Like I said, I hope I am wrong so please let us know. Good Luck!
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1122 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Quote:
On 2011-05-26 12:01, BobMc wrote:
I hope I am wrong about this, but in my experiences with them their website does not really reflect what they have in stock. Every other online magic store I have used seems to be able to pull that off relatively well. Like I said, I hope I am wrong so please let us know. Good Luck!

You are correct, sir. I just called and it appears that the Ninja Rings which are for sale are not the high quality ones that Shoot was selling six or seven years ago. The ones they have on display at the website shows the Wizards Inn product that was made in Japan (the originals), but the ones for sale are from a different manufacturer that have the weld marks.

Best,
MJ
ade
View Profile
New user
Singapore
85 Posts

Profile of ade
I sure hope not! They told me that the rings were in-stock. If it really turns out to be the Fantasma ones, I'd really complain, since I was looking only for the original. I'll keep everyone updated when they arrive as to which one exactly it is.

PS. I also run an online magic shop, but in no way do we purposely mislead our customers with the wrong pictures!
Matthew Jones
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of Matthew Jones
I actually found a website and I thought that they were the real Ninja Rings and they even told me that they were the real Ninja Rings only in Silver not Gold, at the time I didn't care at all, when I ordered them and got them they weren't even the Ninja Rings, they were made specifically for the Ninja+ effect, not the Ninja Rings, and here's the kicker, these people haven't even contacted me in 2 years since I bought them, they are better than the rings I got when I first bought the Ninja Rings DVD but to do the 1 handed link is still nearly impossible to do with them, the website in question is Magic Whiz, never get those one's, even though they say Silver Ninja Rings they're not the Ninja Rings. http://www.magicwhiz.com/ninja-rings-45-magic-trick.html they do look like them but they're really in fact these one's:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S11480 they are completely different from the Ninja Rings, and I've talked to Fantasma and those aren't the real Shoot Ogawa Ninja Rings, they're either the knock-off version they came out with recently or the one's in my 2nd link.
MortenN
View Profile
Veteran user
Norway
338 Posts

Profile of MortenN
How can one know that it is the real Shoot Ogawa gold rings?
My gold ring is set in a bag as it is written "2004, NINJA, Sp" on. The bag is not made ​​of velvet, but a kind of striped cotton fabric. The quality is very good on the rings, but I can not know without having seen the "real" rings.
The rings also have a "belt" as they are fastened together with a push button. Is it a real thing?
Does anyone know anything about this?
Has Shoot Ogawa sold Gold rings in such a bag?
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Shoot's golden rings came with avelvet bag. The carton packaging, if I recall well, even had Soot's picture.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1353 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
My gold rings came with a striped bag, my silver rings came with no bag. Both were packaged in the official Ninja ring box.
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
ade
View Profile
New user
Singapore
85 Posts

Profile of ade
MortenN: Yours should probably be the real thing. As I recall, Gold Rings come with the "belt" as you call it. The silver one does not have that nor the bag.

If you have handled the original, you can tell usually, straight off, if others are original or not. The quality simply differs. Thus far I've tried many. Garett's rings are okay, but I still prefer Shoot's. They are slightly thicker (and if I didn't remember wrongly, smaller).
atinczor
View Profile
Regular user
New York / Istanbul
112 Posts

Profile of atinczor
I remember that I had really hard time finding the official Ninja Rings 3 years ago.. I kept following the online magic shops and once I found them in stock, ordered 2 gold and 1 silver set.. And I am glad I did..
ade
View Profile
New user
Singapore
85 Posts

Profile of ade
Atinczor, great for you!

A quick update for everyone: the Hank Lee's "Ninja Rings" are NOT the original Ninja Rings. They are the Fantasma Rings which features Shoot Ogawa but are NOT Shoot's Rings. Please note that the picture online is a total mislead! I will be writing in to ask about this... Especially since I checked via email for "Shoot's Ninja Rings".

Posted: Jun 10, 2011 2:17am
Just an update that Hank has offered to rectify this the rings not being the ones that I'm looking for. Hank has mentioned that they thought the fantasma ones had the actual ninja rings.
halejs
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of halejs
I've looked for several years for extra sets (I've got two) and even sent emails to Mr. Ogawa with no reply. Strange situation. There is a market for them, so you'd think somebody would come up with a high-quality version even if he won't. With all due respect to his performing talent.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I spoke with Shoot the other day and he DOES HAVE THEM IN STOCK NOW. He had to re-negotiate with the manufacturer to get re-supplied.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Shoot Ogawa has them on his site.

http://www.holyshoot.com/magicshop.htm

Gold $65.00
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1122 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Thanks for the info. Better stock up on them now in case you gotta wait another decade.

Best,
MJ