The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Puzzled by "Tube in a cube" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
tryphon
View Profile
New user
Florida, USA
51 Posts

Profile of tryphon
I bought an old "Cube in a tube" trick from someone who did not even know what it was. It came minus the base and I am building a new one for it. I am also touching up the paint: I think it will look alright when it's finished. My problem is: I thought this would be an easy trick to figure out, even without instructions. Well: I was wrong. Unless there are other bits missing, I can't figure out how to load the gimmick and how to do the cube to cylinder transformation.
Can anyone PM with a set of instructions? I am working hard on the restoration and I would like to be able to use it when it's done. Thanks in advance for your help!!!
Giovanni
West Palm Beach, FL
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Did you do a google search? This effect has been around a fairly long time, and you might be able to find it out in there somewhere.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The trick is still made by Abbott's Magic and is available here:
http://www.abbottmagic.com/Abbotts-Cube-......oryId=-1
tryphon
View Profile
New user
Florida, USA
51 Posts

Profile of tryphon
Thanks for the replies! I eventually got a set of instructions from a friend in the UK and they cleared up all my doubts.